Re: Call & text on other devices
Hlhflye
Enthusiast - Level 1

So if I purchase a unlocked Ultra from Samsung and put on my Verizon account this feature will work?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, if you have any problems using this feature on our network, I would recommend looking over our Numbershare feature through this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/numbershare-faqs/#numbershare

KerryC_VZW

0 Likes
Dustin0525
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spent 1600 on the s20 ultra and 750 on the tab s6 for this functionality.. I'm going to switch back to t-mobile unless the native Samsung feature is released from Verizon hostage.  This is bonkers... why don't you hold imessage hostage? Because Apple wouldn't let you sell there products lol

Dustin0525
Enthusiast - Level 2

because it's a garbage app and not native.

Dustin0525
Enthusiast - Level 2

at&t blocks these features too. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dustin0525,

We value your loyalty and we certainly wouldn't want to see you go anywhere else. We work hard to provide options to do what you need with your devices. The software that is on the phone however is ultimately up to the manufacturer. We don't touch it or have the ability to change it. For any questions about options with this, it would be best to speak with Samsung.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
2crazey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with Samsung, they said Verizon is blocking it. The circle of life.

I have used verizons messaging app and it works for the most part, but now that RCS messaging is starting to be used widley, I am finding that those messages don't come through to the Verizon message app.  Will Verizon fix this issue since it won't allow the native Samsung software to work. I am tryig to compromise, but the verizon app is not compatible with the newer messaging technology.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, 2Crazrey. Does RCS work on your device in conjunction with the Samsung messaging app, but not Verizon Messages Plus? PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Br10der1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is being blamed because they are the ones that remove these features from the device. Also most people don't read the Samsung how to page (that says its not compatible with Verizon or AT&T) until they have the device in hand and try to use the removed feature and then find out that they can't use it with Verizon. I just pre-ordered the unlocked note 20 ultra to go with my unlocked Samsung tablet and if I still can't use these features I will be switching to t-mobile. We will see if purchasing the unlocked equipment truly works. I have my doubts. I'm thinking as soon as you connect to the Verizon network that it will not work. Ill give it the benefit of the doubt though since the one Verizon response said it will work. No matter what Verizon lost my business as far as purchasing the devices from them. And I buy new devices all the time.

Br10der1
Enthusiast - Level 2

One other thing that Verizon removed was Samsung cloud that was introduced years ago. As soon as Samsung introduced cloud storage Verizon started saying they would no longer give its customers verizons free cloud storage and then removed the Samsung cloud option from their phones. That forced people to either pay for the verizon cloud storage that was once free or go to a third party like I did. Just another way to try to make even more money off of us.