Re: Call & text on other devices
Br10der1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has taken a lot of Samsung free pre installed features out of their phones to force people to use Verizon's stuff that you have to pay for. Just like they took the Samsung cloud option out because it gave you free storage. They took it out so that you will purchase Verizon cloud. It's all about not giving their customers anything for free. If Verizon has a version of Samsung's free pre installed stuff that they can make $ on you can bet your a** that Verizon will delete it from the phone.

Br10der1
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's not going to happen as long as Verizon has their own version of it that you can pay for. If you want the option enabled I would suggest switching to T Mobil or AT&T like I'm going to do. I'm tired of them taking out all the pre installed stuff that Samsung offers to make my Samsung devices work together. We all need to write to Samsung and tell them to stop allowing Verizon to do this on their equipment. I don't see all the apple options being deleted from their equipment, which would tell me that they don't have permission to do it on apple devices. Verizon is the only carrier that I have ever seen do this. 

Br10der1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This garbage doesn't work and why should we have to use it when it was in the phone to begin with and every other carrier offers it with the Samsung devices and a lot of other options too. What about Samsung cloud that you guys also took off the phones to force people to buy Verizon cloud. Because you don't get enough money out of us! This is total garbage and the way to lose customers. What ever happened to the customers is always right and giving customers what they paid for. These phones were advertised with these options and then we get them and you've removed all of them from the devices. I think we should get refunds for the devices we bought for not working like advertised. And Samsung advertised the h*** out of the fact that you can answer your phone and messages on your tablet and the Samsung cloud option too.

mama23dogs
Legend

@Br10der1 wrote:

That's not going to happen as long as Verizon has their own version of it that you can pay for. If you want the option enabled I would suggest switching to T Mobil or AT&T like I'm going to do. I'm tired of them taking out all the pre installed stuff that Samsung offers to make my Samsung devices work together. We all need to write to Samsung and tell them to stop allowing Verizon to do this on their equipment. I don't see all the apple options being deleted from their equipment, which would tell me that they don't have permission to do it on apple devices. Verizon is the only carrier that I have ever seen do this. 

At&t does NOT allow Samsung call and text on other devices either.   (Read Samsung’s website)
I left Verizon for At&t because if price in early 2014.  I left At&t for Verizon for coverage and competence.   At&t can’t find its own rear end in the dark.  
If t-mobile had even halfway decent coverage, I would have gone there, but they just don’t.  
   Verizon gets the job done very well.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Br10der1, we understand wanting features to work from the manufacturer. If a carrier however offers their own service, it would certainly make sense that they would want their service to be used while on their network. This is why unlocked devices are now an option, as a person wanting to use the manufacturer's options can simply purchase the unlocked version of the device directly from the manufacturer and use those features on their carrier's network. 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
sadasy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I own 4 lines and 4 verizon phones including samsung s9 plus. Because of this I am moving to TMobile. They do not do this locking and disabling garbage with their phones. I suggest ALL of you having these issues move to other providers. Verizon always been greedy this way toward their customers. I will continue to tweet to let everyone know not to sign up with this company. 

sadasy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I own 4 lines and 4 verizon phones including samsung s9 plus. Because of this I am moving to TMobile. They do not do this locking and disabling garbage with their phones. I suggest ALL of you having these issues move to other providers. Verizon always been greedy this way toward their customers. I will continue to tweet to let everyone know not to sign up with this company. 

Thompsonte2
Enthusiast - Level 1

The verizon messaging app is garbage and I refuse to use it.  I would rather use what Samsun has provided. I will switch to a network that doesn't unnecessarily block features provided by the manufacturer. 

Thompsonte2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon should tell people that they should buy an unlocked device from the manufacturer when they try to purchase a Samsung phone from Verizon then.  This really is unacceptable.  It drives users to pick Apple over Samsung if they would like to continue their Verizon coverage.  Why has Verizon chosen to play favorites with Apple?  What a horrible way to do business. 

mama23dogs
Legend

Samsung provided the information, so why is Verizon (who doesn’t support it) suppose to tell you?   Illogical

Samsung introduced this in the past year.  Apple has had their eco system going for over a decade.  Apple has 60% of US market, Samsung about 25%.  
Verizon’s app works even if you haven’t spent $2500 on branded devices.  
You may dislike Verizon’s app, but it works great for me, and I don’t know why you say it’s so bad.

0 Likes