Re: Call & text on other devices
Jenny621
Enthusiast - Level 1

we want the call and text on other devices feature from samsung turned on for verizon phones. This is not right. Unlock the features from the phone I bought.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jenny621,

We always want to provide support whenever possible. The Call & text on other devices features you want to use is a Samsung branded feature that is not supported on Verizon phones or on our network.

I hope this helps provide clarity.

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
TD821
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bumppppppp

I've been reading this entire thread and you are exactly right on everything and literally sound like me!! I had the EXACT same setup, but now I have the s20 ultra and come to  find out t.. hat it got removed from the s20 ultra as well! Smdh

It is really pathetic w... hy wouldn't they just leave it on

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to get the correct information about your device and features, and we are here to help you the best possible way. While this feature is not available on the device, we do offer the option to sync a compatible device to send and receive messages and calls via our Verizon Messages application completely free of charge . You can get more details about this service at the following link :https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-calling-faqs/#make-calls

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
TD821
Enthusiast - Level 1

No one wants to use the cruddy Verizon Messaging Plus app. Plus Google messages has RCS so why would I ever use Verizon. Never have and never will, give us the features that we paid for with over $3,000 of spending on all these devices!! There is absolutely no reason to remove the feature on the phones because it should be the person's choice to use it or not. Samsung put it on there for a special reason so do not mess with their stuff because they put it on there for a specific reason for people like us that pay thousands and thousands of dollars to use the device the way it's intended to be used!!!! mess Verizon taking off features. It's garbage and not fair

SLG0731
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  I bought the samsung s20 ultra $1,399.00 and the samsung tab s6 for $600.00 and verizon is preventing me from using the samsung features and forcing their app on us.

edtim

I installed Message+ on my Samsung Tab S6 and my phone is Samsung S10+ but I cannot call from my tablet...only messages.... Why ?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@edtim wrote:

I installed Message+ on my Samsung Tab S6 and my phone is Samsung S10+ but I cannot call from my tablet...only messages.... Why ?

Do you have Integrated Messaging turned on and your tablet's Message+ app logged into your phone's number?

Have you checked out the FAQ's on Message+ Calling on Android devices?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-calling-faqs/

Requires HD Voice to be present/activated on account, for one.

And scroll down to Calling in https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-messages-android/

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@edtim wrote:

And, if you're referring to the Samsung Call and Text feature, read thru this thread to see Verizon Customer Service answer.  Also , Samsung's Compatibility statement in https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Br10der1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats ok. This will be the end of my Verizon account. I've spend thousands and thousands of dollars on electronics and I will be going to one of the companies that offer the options that Verizon deletes. I have stopped buying from Verizon because of this.. Verizon used to be the best but that's not the case anymore, there are plenty of other companies that have great service and a heck of a lot cheaper. This is not the only Samsung feature that Verizon has removed. They remove all the ones that make your devices compatible with other Samsung devices. I hope everyone else drops Verizon too. Maybe they will start giving their customers what they pay good money for. Hit them where it hurts (the wallet) until they actually start trying to make the customer happy.