Call & text on other devices
Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

Hello Support,

I currently have a $1,000+ Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus that was purchased from Verizon Wireless. In addition, I also purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 WIFI only version from another vendor.

There is a feature (at least that is what Samsung says) that is supposed to allow me to send/receive calls and text from the Tab S6 via my $1,000+ Note 10+; howeveer, when I tried to find the following settings: Call & text on other devices in the Settings app of the phone that feature was not found on the Note 10+

Verizon Support, please provide a detailed explanation why that feature is not available on my $1,000+ Note 10+ and how I can make and receive calls on my Tab S6 via my phone like Samsung says is a feature of both devices.

Souorce: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/

Look at the Compadibility Section; my tablet and my $1,000+ Note 10+ is supposed to be compadible.

Regards

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Call & text on other devices
Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

Frankly, I doubt they will give me a "real" explanation or they will drive me to use Messages+ which makes no sense; they feature in question is supposed to be a part of the phone; I should be give the option as to what app/feature I want to use.

View solution in original post

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Interesting question and hopefully a Verizon agent will respond with a good answer.  Could be the Samsung hardware/software version for Verizon had certain features removed/disabled which conflicted with services offered.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how useful it can be to be able to receive calls when your phone is not around, Bruce27u01. I would love to help as much as I can. I do want to clarify a few things first. Are you able to use our services on the Note 10+? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Bruce27u01 wrote:

Hello Support,

I currently have a $1,000+ Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus that was purchased from Verizon Wireless. In addition, I also purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 WIFI only version from another vendor.

There is a feature (at least that is what Samsung says) that is supposed to allow me to send/receive calls and text from the Tab S6 via my $1,000+ Note 10+; howeveer, when I tried to find the following settings: Call & text on other devices in the Settings app of the phone that feature was not found on the Note 10+

Verizon Support, please provide a detailed explanation why that feature is not available on my $1,000+ Note 10+ and how I can make and receive calls on my Tab S6 via my phone like Samsung says is a feature of both devices.

Souorce: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/

Look at the Compadibility Section; my tablet and my $1,000+ Note 10+ is supposed to be compadible.

Regards

I'm not sure why you think you're owed a detailed explanation, Samsung has already told you that this feature is not available on AT&T or Verizon devices.   It's in the link you posted very clearly.   

Verizon has its own service, messages+ which allows you to call and text from your tablet.   Verizon service actually works Flawlessly across platforms, so while I have an android phone I can call and message from my iPad.   

Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

I am able to use VZW services on the Note 10+; the phone is a VZW branded phone that works on the VZW network.

0 Likes
Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

Your response is 100% unnecessary; I can cleatrly read; my question to Verizon (which you fail to understand) is why is the feature not available.  And for that VZX "owes" me an explanation especiallhy for a phone that cost well over $1,000 which by the way I paid for in CASH!

Also I am not intersted in using a third party app for a feature that was build into the phone by the manufacture.

Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

Frankly, I doubt they will give me a "real" explanation or they will drive me to use Messages+ which makes no sense; they feature in question is supposed to be a part of the phone; I should be give the option as to what app/feature I want to use.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bruce27u01, we appreciate the details you've provided. The Call & text on other devices features you want to use is a Samsung branded feature that is not supported on Verizon phones or on our network.

When Samsung phones were manufactured for Verizon they were made to work with the services we provide.

We hope this information provides clarity.

JacobV_VZW

Bruce27u01
Contributor - Level 1

VZW, I have yet to read a resolution to my request. Why was the feature remvoed?

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Bruce27u01 wrote:

VZW, I have yet to read a resolution to my request. Why was the feature remvoed?

It was pretty obvious to me:

Bruce27u01, we appreciate the details you've provided. The Call & text on other devices features you want to use is a Samsung branded feature that is not supported on Verizon phones or on our network.

When Samsung phones were manufactured for Verizon they were made to work with the services we provide.

We hope this information provides clarity.

JacobV_VZW

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes