Re: Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working after taking the latest OTA software update.
jklinken
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same exact problem. Android did a system update to N910VVRU2CQF2 on 8/8 and ever since I can't connect to my Vivofit fitness tracker via bluetooth on my Samsung Note 4.  The tracker is fine since it can still connect to my Samsung tablet.

Re: Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working after taking the latest OTA software update.
ddschneider1972
Enthusiast - Level 2

It looks like this is an issue with the bluetooth now, great update!
Having issues with my Pebble 2 reconnecting to my Note 4 after losing a connection, since this update.

If I can unpair my watch and re-pair the watch it will reconnect, the problem is the phone will not unpair 90% of the time.  When I hit unpair in the phone and it just sends me back to the previous screen. I rebooted about 4 times, uninstalled and reinstalled the pebble app twice. Very frustrating. I try to connect through the app and the bluetooth starts turning on and off.

I got the phone to finally unpair, reinstalled the app and it finally connected....took me 2 hours of futzing with it.

0 Likes
WOLFPATCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, it does not fast charge in safe mode. Don't know what I was reading.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bacardio

Being able to use your phone with your Bluetooth devices is important. Have you tried un pairing and re pairing those devices? Have you tried resetting your network settings? Click here for details http://vz.to/2vZYyFC. In regards to the battery life, how much available memory do you have on these phones? Have you attempted putting the phones into safe mode then testing the performance? Click here http://vz.to/2fBjLQ6.

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wolfpatch,

We know how wonderfully convenient that fast charge feature is. Have you been able to try your charging cord in another similar phone to see if theirs fast charges?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Bacardio
Enthusiast - Level 2

no changes at all with the bluetooth issue.  I can still not link either my fitness device or link reader

0 Likes
ADAM2319
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a call from my mother late 8/12 in regards to her Fitbit and Square Reader not working. I figured it was my mom being a mom and simply having issues understanding technology.

I go to her home yesterday and am unable to pair any Bluetooth devices. Look in the update history and lo and behold, Verizon recently pushed a new update.

Google the issue and here is this thread.

I am confident that Verizon wants to make sure that all issues are resolved as new updates should make all services work faster and better. Also I feel assured that Verizon feels that being able to use your phone with your Bluetooth devices is important.

I am not so sure if anyone at Verizon has a Note 4 and took this update. I am also not sure if Verizon Wireless Customer Support has forwarded any of these complaints along or are simply handing out generic troubleshooting steps without having the issue investigated further. I don't feel that enabling safe mode and resetting the network settings is a proper permanent fix that meets the needs of your diverse group of customers.

LOZLOSA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here.  Right after the Android update on my Samsung Note 4, the Garmin Vivofit 2 stopped pairing.

0 Likes
LOZLOSA
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Samsung Note 4 is able to pair with my Kia Soul BT phone system, even after recent update.  It seems only to have messed with my Garmin Vivofit 2 BT connection.

0 Likes
LOZLOSA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did as instructed, to no avail.  In the Note 4 Bluetooth settings section, I'm able to detect my Garmin Vivofit 2, but it will not pair.

In the Garmin app itself, the app sees the Vivofit 2, recognizes the code, but won't pair.

Help.

0 Likes