Re: Bluetooth - are these bugs?
tamole
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your reply is unacceptable. I'm sorry I am having so much trouble communicating my problem. I can't use the native media player app with bluetooth either. This has to be a problem with the phone and/or your update. When I bought the phone, - two months ago - everything worked great. It wasn't until after the updates, I started having the problem. I will be calling customer support - assuming I can find a phone number ( I think it's ironic that phone company doesn't want to called on the phone) and demanding a new phone. If that one doesn't work, then it's got to be your update. One thing I have learned is that there is no point in using this forum for help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tamole,

Please don't feel that way! We are just offering an alternative to calling. If it is easier to call then by all means we encourage it. I would recommend trying a hard reset to see if this corrects the issue. http://vz.to/ZwtQz1 Here are the steps. Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Blorff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, that's just awful that you feel that way. Try these time-wasting steps while we attempt to get you to go away because we have no idea how to fix your problem, or who to refer your problem to so it can get fixed:

1) Turn your phone over and find the serial number.

2) Write it down.

3) Multiply by the square root of the price of tea in China

4) Reset your phone, erasing all your apps and data

5) Reinstall everything and see if it happens again.

6) If it happens again, and you already knew it would happen again, and you can't figure out why I told you to do it again, do it again anyway, if that will help you go away.

7) Repeat steps 1-3 and see if you get the same results. If not, check if the price of tea in China has changed.

😎 Stand on your head while you figure out why the "support" people here don't know how to do anything but reboot your phone.

9) Wait two years, buy another "smart" phone and start all over again.

10) By the way, it's not "us". It's "them". The phone manufacturer, the o/s developer, the app developer, all of the above or any of the above. But not us. We just provide "support".

tamole
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your requested update:

I called and requested a replacement phone. The bluetooth problems appeared solved - for six days. This morning the bluetooth once again stopped working for multimedia apps. No Audible, no Music Player, no Pandora, etc. Not through my car audio system, not through my wireless headphones, not through my wireless external speakers.

If the bluetooth wasn't working for just my car, I'd day the problem could be with the car system. But - I want to make very clear - it isn't working with any bluetooth devices. I also want to make clear that I can use bluetooth connections to make telephone calls. So, it's not a connection problem.

This is beyond frustrating!!!! And please don't tell me to:

a. delete pairing and re-pair the devices.

b. restart the phone

c. quit all applications and restart

d. wipe the phone (hard reset)

Been there, done all that - several times.

Time for a different phone. No one can provide a solution and no one seems to care very much.  I have owned some buggy smartphones, but this one takes the cake. It's not like bluetooth is new technology. It should just work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tamole,

Sorry to hear the problem returned after replacing the equipment. The things you have listed are our standard troubleshooting steps. I don't want to waste your time with steps you've already attempted. At this point we would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer so they are made aware of the problem. They can be reached at 888-987-4357 or http://bit.ly/IJvmpJ .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tamole
Enthusiast - Level 3

After the multimedia bluetooth connection stopped working - inexplicably - on the replacement phone, I repeated all the steps I had done on the original phone (including checking the price of tea in China). Nothing worked. After about week, the bluetooth started working again - just as inexplicably. I am truly puzzled. Each time I get in my car I have to hold my breath to "hear" whether it will work. Can't wait for next phone upgrade date. Planning to do very extensive research on these forums and others for each phone I consider to find out what all the bugs might be. It shouldn't be this hard.

0 Likes