Blocking Text Messages in Samsung Note 5 -Version 6.0.1
DenFA

I am trying to block a text message sender that I no longer want to receive text messages from on my Android.  I have already blocked their ability to call, but they seem to be able to still text message me and I can't find the correct setting under the Messages App.   I am using Android version 6.0.1

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blocking Text Messages in Samsung Note 5 -Version 6.0.1
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

DenFA​ ,  let us help you put a stop to your unwanted text messages.  Click on this link view how you can block a contact from calling and/or messaging you  Block Numbers | Verizon Wireless  .

Happy Blocking.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

If you're looking to block incoming texts from one or multiple numbers on your Galaxy Note 5 then these are the steps you must follow:

1. Go into your Messages app.
  2. Tap on "More" in the top right corner and tap on Settings.
  3. Select Block messages.
  4. Tap on Block list.
  5. Here you can add numbers ot contacts to your Block list.
0 Likes
DenFA

Unfortunately, the "Block Messages" is not an option and when I select "Settings" it doesn't have anything related to block messages.

2017-04-15 21.15.42.png

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

did you edit or tap on settings??

0 Likes
DenFA

Yes, "Settings", leads to "More Settings", which leads to "Text Messages" and/or "Multimedia Messages" and neither of those offer any "Block" features.Smiley Sad

Settings Note 5.png More Settings.png Text Messages Setting.png Multimedia Message Settings.png

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sorry it didn't work.

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

DenFA​ ,  let us help you put a stop to your unwanted text messages.  Click on this link view how you can block a contact from calling and/or messaging you  Block Numbers | Verizon Wireless  .

Happy Blocking.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes