Battery Drain only when Wifi enabled since upgrade to KitKat
fullofentropy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Previous to Update:  Battery would last a day or two with normal use with Wifi enabled (4/3g disabled)

After update: Battery would last a day or two with normal use WITHOUT Wifi enabled (4/3g disabled)

After update: Battery will last 1/2 day with no use WITH Wifi enabled (4/3g disabled)

Anyone else have similar experience?  How did you fix it? 

Please don't tell me to "reset my phone" unless you have the above symptom AND it fixed your problem.

I've only had the phone a few months and I'm about ready to toss it out the window.  I use Wifi all day long while at work streaming radio/music.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery Drain only when Wifi enabled since upgrade to KitKat
fullofentropy
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue was eventually fixed by doing a full hardware reset.   The the rom update was a waste of my time and the update glitch should have been found by the testers in your development team.  (I am a Test Lead for a SCRUM based SW dev team)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fullofentropy,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. I want to make sure we get the most out of your battery life. Here is a great link that will walk you through a few steps to make sure that we are getting the most from the battery http://vz.to/1e4Y03I Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
daddyof4

Not only Visual Voicemail. Everything sucks since this update. Phone is slow. Only picks up after power cycling, AND then only for a little while. Ridiculous.  I understand crap happens, but when you call and they make it seem as if this is the first time they are hearing of any such thing!!! It blows. One is supposed to be able to trust a company like Verizon. Now they are acting like some cut-rate phone company

0 Likes
fullofentropy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Customer Support,

This reply did not provide any assistance to my issue.

The issue is related to the firmware update to KitKat.  If this issue is not fixed, I will have to find a verizon to re-flash the firmware.  I also am having issues in receiving phone calls and text messages.  A reboot of the device is required as a temporary fix to this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fullofentropy,

I understand! We want you to be able to fully enjoy your device still. What is showing to be using the most of your battery power? Settings>Battery
Have you tried placing your device in "Safe Mode" and testing the device out to see if the battery still drains? http://vz.to/1p2UKqv

Also, in regards to the issue with receiving calls and text, does this happen only in a particular area? Are there only certain numbers that are not able to text or call you?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
shaggy7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Duplicate Post See:

<<Moderator Note: Please link to posted answers instead of making several identical posts.>>

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
fullofentropy
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue was eventually fixed by doing a full hardware reset.   The the rom update was a waste of my time and the update glitch should have been found by the testers in your development team.  (I am a Test Lead for a SCRUM based SW dev team)

0 Likes