Auto restart on Note 5. How to activate?
FanLarm

Galaxy Note 5  has an Auto Restart feature but I cannot locate it on my Verizon Galaxy Note 5.  Help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Auto restart on Note 5.  How to activate?
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Well, on the VZW build it doesn't seem to have those options. To be honest, I have never heard of anyone scheduling their phone to reboot nightly. In the older versions of Android I know many people would reboot as RAM management was poor but since 5.x I haven't heard of anyone doing such. Maybe there is an app that you can use to schedule such.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Auto restart on Note 5. How to activate?
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Can you define what you mean by auto restart? Like a scheduled restart?

0 Likes
FanLarm

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - How to Enable Auto Restart

US

HI

January 2016

Here is what it means!

All over the web

The easiest maintenance routine that one can perform on Android is simply to restart their device. It clears the RAM and reboots the OS. If you don't want to have to worry about restarting your device after each major update or for maintenance purposes, then how about letting your smartphone manage these tasks for you. Here's how to enable and configure the Auto Restart feature of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

Go to Settings > Personal > Backup and Reset > Device maintenance > Auto restart. Toggle Auto restart on. Auto restart happens when the following conditions are met: Your device is idle (not in use), the battery level is more than 30% and the SIM card lock is disabled.

You can also choose to run this feature only on specific days and time: Go to Auto restart frequency and set the Auto restart time and Auto restart days.

Sent from Lanny's iPad Air

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Well, on the VZW build it doesn't seem to have those options. To be honest, I have never heard of anyone scheduling their phone to reboot nightly. In the older versions of Android I know many people would reboot as RAM management was poor but since 5.x I haven't heard of anyone doing such. Maybe there is an app that you can use to schedule such.

0 Likes
FanLarm

Word is that Verizon cut several features off std build so they wouldn't

have to pay Samsung, like Find My Mobile.

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Never used that feature. I just use Android Device Manager. I assume its the same thing.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I generally run a cache clean, swipe away any recent apps, use my Smart Cleaning app which does all the above for me and then reboot, if need be.

As far as major updates...I always factory reset after back up and then install OS updates.

I use ADM for "find my phone."

But then, I have an LG.

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Swiping away apps can actually hurt performance and battery life in some ways. Cache clean is good if you have a device with small storage and need to keep free space available.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh, sorry, no.  No shortage of storage here.  32GB on board, 64GB SD. Just like to keep it clean.  Hard to best the beast.  (No bloat, but then mine is an H811)

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Bloat [language removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] . I hope in future versions we can remove any/all apps we want, even bundled ones.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes