Re: Applied the update on Friday.  Now the "sound and notification" setting does not work.  When i click it i get "Unfortunately, settings has stopped".Please help.
H0llyw00d247
Enthusiast - Level 2

just finished backup and am in the process of resetting now.  I'll keep this group updated on the progress.

0 Likes
Re: Applied the update on Friday. Now the "sound and notification" setting does not work. When i click it i get "Unfortunately, settings has stopped".Please help.
d0u6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  I  am curious to see if it have success 

0 Likes
Re: Applied the update on Friday. Now the "sound and notification" setting does not work. When i click it i get "Unfortunately, settings has stopped".Please help.
H0llyw00d247
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, so the factory reset is complete, and the settings crash on notifications and sound is now gone.  I also did not have to reinstall the updates as the reset did not effect the version of the ROM.  I am in the process of downloading and applying all the apps and restoring the data.  I am going through a somewhat systematic process to see if maybe a particular application or configuration may have caused the problem. 

More to come.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

After a major software update a factory update always best to clear any errors.

Montanieers

But you fail to mention what a pain in the ass it is to reload all the apps, reset the browser,  etc.

0 Likes
Re: Applied the update on Friday.  Now the "sound and notification" setting does not work.  When i click it i get "Unfortunately, settings has stopped".Please help.
Snn5
Legend

Whats a bigger pain:  reload apps or muddle through performance issues?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I don't have to mention that. Apparently it's common knowledge. What's more annoying the errors or doing the reset.

H0llyw00d247
Enthusiast - Level 2

The biggest pain is redownloading all the apps and setting up the phone again.  I'm about 50% done downloading the aps and the settings error is still gone.  So far so good. I'll keep the group updated.

OH and the biggest pain is that it also made me reset my Gear S to factory.  wtf.. that was totally not necessary.  Now i have to configure that device and copy all my music back to it etc.  URGH...

0 Likes
H0llyw00d247
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just completed the factory reset and restored and reconfigured my device.  It appears to be working correctly now.  The settings are completely functioning and I haven't seen a memory error yet.

The only issue with the factory reset is that it also made me factory reset my Gear S, which is kinda ridiculous.

0 Likes
d0u6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good to hear.  Good luck,  and thanks for the updates 

0 Likes