Anyone else having touchscreen issues since Lollipop?
Solkre

I swear I didn't have this issue on 4.4.4; but I wouldn't bet my life on it.  Around once a day, or even more, I have to restart the phone because my screen registers touches wrong a little under half way down the screen. Here is a video of it.  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6711388/Note4.webm

I've done a factory reset, I've done a Kies 3 firmware reinstall.  It happens with or without a case, and at various states of charge and temperature.  I hope it's a software issue, but I'm not seeing anyone else report it.

Will a Verizon store swap my unit if this is a hardware problem?  I cannot be without a phone if this has to be shipped in for repair.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else having touchscreen issues since Lollipop?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I watched the video and it looks like your screen is just out in the middle portion; left to right about 1/4 inch strip across. If you have insurance you could file a claim and pay the deductible and then you wouldn't have to be without a phone. You'd get a refurbished phone and return your broken one to Verizon.

If you don't have insurance, but are within the 12 month manufactures warranty then you could try to file a claim, but then your phone would need to be sent off. This option is only possible so long as they can't prove you caused the problem by dropping it and believe you me they will inspect every edge and the slightest indent anywhere will cause them to throw their hands in the air and say it's not their fault. They may end up telling you that the touch screen isn't covered anyway and that it broke from general use and it's not covered. They only fix internal malfunctions and it's hard to say how this problem came about.

The option I would choose is to watch some videos on replacing the screen or find out if it's helped anyone fix the touch screen issue by replacing the screen and then I would do that myself OR have someone do it for me; just depending on the level of difficulty and if I'd need to buy anymore tools.

0 Likes