Re: Anyone else having poor RF signal reception on Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

Is the date of manufacture printed on the box label?

Now that the major bugs seem to be worked out, I'm considering upgrading for some crazy reason.

0 Likes
blaide
Enthusiast - Level 2

I truthfully don't remember as I didn't look and they sent a pre-paid return box that had the new phone in it and I just put the old phone in and sent back.

0 Likes
mapolan

Verazon replace my Galaxy note 3 but I don't know if this is brand new

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
Bogomilov

Mine had a small label in the battery compartment. And my replacement was not new but reconditioned. It worked great with the original software but I upgraded it to the MJE version. Phone still works better than my old one but the reception was affected somewhat for worse. Hope Kit-Kat update resolves that issue. Now at least I know it is not the phone. But in September I will go back ti the Iphone. Hopefully it will have bigger screen and remain stable as the older versions.

0 Likes
Nick124

Absolutely horrible call quality and dropped calls

0 Likes
mapolan

(removed)

Sent from my iPad

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tanjit

My Note 3 has the worst reception I have ever had on any Verizon phone.  As a benchmark in my house, where we have always had great reception, the Note 3 gets a consistent 107 dBm.  In contrast, my old Droid X2 at the exact same location gets 86 dBm.  This is big difference on the decibel scale.  Another indicator of poor signal strength is the battery drain, which seems to get to a warning level in 10 hours going through my usual home and work daily cycle.

The phone was bought Dec 26 at Best Buy, any chance it is one of the defective phones discussed in this forum?

Does anyone know the model/build numbers of the defectives?

Thanks.

0 Likes
MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Note 3 is unusable in areas where every other phone I, my family and my customers have service. I was sent a refurb by Verizon but it's pretty much useless. Thinking about paying the difference and getting another Maxx.

0 Likes
GregTal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know this is an odler thread, but this question is for @blaide how have things been since the newer device? I too was an early Note 3 adopter and sold mine back in Jan ... looking to get another one, but really don't want to go through the same nonsense again.

TIA

anthony81l
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have the same signal problems with my note 3 . heres my story ... i had an htc one for att .. traded it for an iphone 5 and got better and more consistent signal with the iphone in the same exact spot in my house and just all around. then i switched to verizon and got a brand new iphone 5s and had pretty good reception. about a month ago i traded the 5s for a note 3 and boom, unreliable reception again, once again in the same area of my house. i dont know what the hell apple does to their antennas but the signal is so much better and consistent . my note 3 will in the exact same spot without moving and the bars go up and down without me touching the phone.

0 Likes