Re: Anyone else having poor RF signal reception on Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

If your on Edge you would need to pay the difference of half the phone. If your under contract, you may need to wait.  Although they may let you out of contract and move to the edge program early.

MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like cgage823 said. I was on the Edge plan. I ended up paying $174.00 to swap.

I really tried to make myself get anything other than Samsung just for spite. The Galaxy S5 has been perfect. No reception problems. I miss the stylus from time to time but it's a relief to be able to talk on the phone. The screen size is not that much of an issue.

My frustrations are fading. I know the Note 3 has a problem. I believe it to be a problem with the power management for the antenna. It is a major problem for outliers. Was a major problem for me.

Good luck to all of you still suffering the Note 3.

metsnfins
Enthusiast - Level 2

mine got so much worse after 4.4 update

this is my 2nd note 3 i dont know what to do

dropped calls, no recption for 15 minutes at a time

im so frustrated

0 Likes
rwhit823

I see now that it truly is an issue with the Note 3. My kids have the S5 with no issues in my house, but my Note 3 is the worse. I had no problems with the Note 2. Come on Verizon, this is ridiculous!

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

To be fair, it's not Verizon's fault that Samsung built a phone with terrible reception.  I suppose Verizon could have refused to sell a marginal product but they didn't make it.  Or maybe they couldn't refuse.  Samsung probably has a contract with Verizon that requires Verizon to market and sell the phone since there's no other outlet for CDMA products.  I'm just glad I was out in the sticks when it was released and the reviews were in before I got back to civilization.  I waited for the S5 and, after turning off the "stay awake when plugged in" setting, I'm pretty happy with it.

0 Likes
longhorn95
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes!  I used to get decent service inside my house and excellent service around town (Houston, TX) but ever since I made the mistake of upgrading to 4.4.2, my service has been terrible.  I am unable to get service in my house and when I do, the call almost always drops EVEN if I do not move the phone.  I have been with Verizon for 5 years and could count on 1 hand the number of dropped calls I had in those 5 years.   Now, I would be lucky if I go the full day without 5 or more dropped calls.  Absolutely ridiculous.  Yes, I hae hard rest the phone, removed the SIM, blah, blah , blah.  My wife with her crApple 5s has not noticed any change in service whatsoever.  I decided to switch back to my S4 and see if VZW & Samsung can get it together and fix this problem.

0 Likes
blaide
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started this thread and everything was finally working great until about 3 weeks ago when I got the update. Now I have little to know reception, constantly dropping calls, hard time connecting to wifi and very weak signal. I've seen plenty of other people all reporting the same thing and Verizon has offered MO solutios other than 1. Reset phone. 2. Pull battery and sim card. 3. Clear cach. I tried all of these as others have with no change. I loved my note 3 when it was finally working properly but niw I'm missing important business calls and I've actually lost 2 jobs because the customers said I never returned their calls. Their messages came 4 days later and the phone never rang when they did call! VERIZON HAS BEEN US LED'S IN THIS SITUATION. We need to roll back to the previous version of android. C ' mon Verizon, your pissing off hundreds if not thousands of note 3 owners! Fix the problem and stop offering useless suggestions and finger pointing at samsung.

mormandy3
Contributor - Level 1

My note 3 is going on eBay very soon. HAD IT with -100 db or worse reception.  Back to moto. If you can, get rid of yours ASAP. Junk!

bigstevef150

Yeah it sucks when I have to use my wifes moto hd in a store because her reception is twice as good as my note 3.

0 Likes
FirefighterBgRG
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have had many more dropped calls recently. I also have experienced text messages that have come in many hours late. I can't pin point exactly when this began, but it seems like it was after the latest update. I see many note 3 verizon owners are having similar issues.

0 Likes