Re: Anyone else having Call Quality issues?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this TPTSR! What zip code are you located in? Is this only happening indoors inside your home or outdoors as well? Try powering off/on all 3G phones and dial *228 send option 2. Power off all 4G devices and remove/insert the sim, power on and test. Please share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mlt0303
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both my and my wife note3 having a same problems with receive phone calls.  I think note 3 having a problem, but you guys do not think so.  Getting same model replacement next week.  Will try and keep everyone post.  I already try to restart the phone and new sim card.

0 Likes
Bruce523
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and I have the same problem too but it is only when using Bluetooth (like in my car). All indicators suggest that this is an Android 4.3+ problem with the upgrade to Bluetooth 4. This same problem is being reported across multiple network carriers (Verizon, Sprint, etc.), and happens with numerous manufacturers (Samsung, HTC, etc.) any phone with Android 4.3 or higher.

Does your problem occur only on Bluetooth or does it occur even if you make a call using speaker and/or talking directly into the phone?

I have heard a lot of suggestions like disabling Wi-Fi when using the phone, and going into Settings>More Settings>Mobile Networks>Network Mode and then select LTE/CDMA (this is for Verizon) - this seems to help a little but doesn't solve the problem.

Take care...

Bruce P.

0 Likes
GregTal
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's disturbing to still see this issue being reported! I pre-ordered my Note 3 and ended up selling it in January due to this very issue! Has it still not been resolved? Are newer devices affected too? I have an oppurtunity to get a cell phone through my job and was very much missing the size, pen and multiwindow on the Note 3, so I was thinking of grabbing uit again. However, if it is still plagued by this issue I may need to rethink this Smiley Sad

cseattle
Enthusiast - Level 1

i was following this thread because i have been very interested  in buying a couple of Note 3 phones and using Verizon, which i've had on numerous phones over maybe 10 or 15 years. but my partner really insists on call quality. he and i both have old LG flip phones that work great for calls -- but nothing else. i have a Blackberry through work that has excellent call quality, an old Samsung netbook that has been flawless, and an IPad, so I haven't really felt deprived, but would love to have one device that does more instead of having to juggle for work and play. but after reading this entire thread, i have two conclusions: Leave Verizon for ATT, and don't buy the Note 3. Service is what counts, and both Verizon and Samsung have failed, in my opinion formed after reading all your accounts here. I am not a software or hardware expert, so I haven't a clue about the real cause of these problems. but life is short, and i'm not willing to waste a single minute of it screwing around with clueless reps and denials.

oradba
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears there are at least 3 separate threads involving this topics:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/807590?start=180&tstart=0  <-- Note 3 No Service?

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/807795?start=310&tstart=0  <--Call Quality Issues (this thread)

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/819084   <--Note 3 Poor Service

I've had my Note 3 for about a month: at work and at home signal strength shows 1-2 bars, am able to call and 4G internet access is usually good (drops to 3G occasionally but use LTE Discovery to bounce back).  However, in same zip code but about 4 miles east of my home where phone shows 4 bars, i cannot make or receive calls, although still have good internet access. Verizon sent me a replacement phone but experienced the same problem.  Have opened a trouble ticket with Verizon technical support to check their network.   Given the significant amount of discussion regarding various call/service issues with the Note 3, I am concerned that Verizon/Samsung does not have a solution, and I need my Note 3 to work as a phone.    I assume if Verizon cannot technically fix this they will have to offer some other solution.

ionheavens

I moved from T-Mobile recently and purchased a Note 3. I can hardly understand the callers on the other side of the phone. I am a realtor and all over town in multiple zip codes. I cannot believe the poor voice quality. It looks like everyone else on this forum experiences the same thing. Has a solution to this problem been provided yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ionheavens,

Help is just a posting away! I'm excited to partner with you and get your service working properly. Let's start with what zip code(s) are you having issues in? If you can provide 2 - 3 zip codes then that would be great. Also, what android and software version do you have on the Note 3? Can I assume that there isn't ant physical or liquid damage on the device? As you share the details then we can get this resolved for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ionheavens

Zip codes 80918, 80919, 80920

Android v 4.3

New phone no damage of any kind.

Thanks!

0 Likes
mdhorn

I purchased a Note 3 in April 2014.  I previously had an iPhone 5c with Verizon.  The service with my iPhone was great at my home and elsewhere.  Since I received my Note 3 I cannot receive phone calls or send/receive text messages from my home.  I also have an issue with the connection to the wifi in my home.  The connection repeatedly gets interrupted and then it connects back to the wifi at my home for a brief period.  Very frustrated with this issue!!  I switched from AT&T after approximately 10 years of service because I had been told how great the coverage was with Verizon!  Extremely disappointed and rethinking the switch from AT&T! 

0 Likes