Re: Anyone else having Call Quality issues?
wayne8821212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ironically I left Verizon because they removed the early upgrade not long before I was going to get 2 Verizon note 3s . ...so I lucked out and we have 2 flawless Note 3s on the ATT network. I sure hope this is a temporary speed bump and gets resolved for you guys ASAP. I have never loved a device like l love the Note 3!

0 Likes
Archie_Bagnus
Enthusiast - Level 2

BobbyS_VZW, LasinaH_VZW, and any other Verizon Support Staff that are reading this thread:

Your cheerful, perky, inane responses are not helping. If you've been reading this thread, then it's clear that there is a widespread problem with the Galaxy Note 3 that goes well beyond restarting the phone or giving you their zip code. If you are really interested in helping your customers, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF THESE CALL QUALITY PROBLEMS BEFORE! Re-read the thread- it's an issue! If you want to help actually solve the problem, send an e-mail to all Verizon employees telling them THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE NOTE 3 AND A FIX IS NEEDED. That would be helpful to your customers. Continuing to act surprised and putting people through basic troubleshooting does not help. Stop doing that!

My comments are a repeat of a common theme in this thread, but they bear repeating until someone at VZW actually "gets it". I'll say it one more time- STOP WITH THE PERKY, CHEERFUL COMMENTS ABOUT HOW THE NOTE 3 IS A GREAT PHONE AND YOU WANT EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY- it just irritates your customers. Stop being part of the problem- here's a novel idea- be part of the SOLUTION!

Again, I am holding off buying a Note 3 until I hear the problem is solved. If it isn't, I'll go to Sprint where they apparently work fine. Feel free to copy this and e-mail it to your CEO.

Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

BobbyS_VZW (Verizon Support)

As you can see by the responses to your reply on my post, performing the typical tests may be the correct approach for other problems but not this one. This problem is ubiquitous and Verizon must make a concerted organized method to educate those like you in support and also get this problem fixed NOW. It exists on all 6 phones Verizon has supplied me. I switched from T-Mobile and purchased a pair of these phones and one of them replaced my land line so I am stuck with no usable phone service. It is just not right to be paying for high priced phones and monthly charges and not have a customer's basic need of communication. What if I made a time critical 911 call and the delay caused by me having them repeat every sentence 3 or more times caused serious loss or death? Maybe you should take the responsibility and make this issue known to your Legal Department, perhaps their concern would prompt a quick resolution. I repeat from my last post...

It is important that Verizon does the following now:

- Acknowledge the issue and educate the entire tech support team.

- Press Samsung for an immediate fix.

- Update all affected customers as to the status of the remedy routinely.

- Extend a credit on monthly services to each affected customer until it is resolved since they did not get what they paid for.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I tried to leave, but was held hostage by $150 for the GNex phone that wasn't working  and $120 for the jet pack I had to get so I could use Google Maps while out.....talking from 10/10/13-01/1/14  (less than 3mo) which hardly seemed fair....my thoughts have always been if you only get service for some of the time, you should pay for some of the time and not full price for service.   

My GNex was not working in spite of the network extender and they would not let me upgrade 3mo early....I got so angry I bought the phone on installments.

0 Likes
ghoststory
Enthusiast - Level 3

All

I found out how to email the VP of Customer Service, John Bianchi.

Go here:

http://aboutus.verizonwireless.com/leadership/executive/profiles/John_Bianchi.html

I emailed him and requested that his team read these threads and address the issue!

Please email him, too!

Thanks!

0 Likes
ghoststory
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is a "contact" hyperlink at the bottom of his bio. You'll see it and it's a web-based email.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks everyone. Our product team is aware of this issue and a fix is expected in the next software update. I don't have a date on that update yet. When we have info, you'll find details at vzw.com/support under Device.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Lloyd_Braun,

We certainly understand how important it is to get this resolved. Have you had a chance to speak with the manufacturer of the device regarding this issue? I recommend reaching out to Samsung by visiting http://bit.ly/bro5Uw. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Archie_Bagnus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, MatthewS_VZW-

did you not read the post immediately before yours (number 96)? MarquiaF_VZW, one of your colleagues, said that VZW is aware of the issue and a fix is expected. so why are you referring the customer back to samsung? even if it's a samsung issue, the software update will have to come through verizon. just another example of someone not "getting it".

0 Likes
Cindy328

been with Verizon for over 20 years and regardless of the phone I had with them I always had 4-5 bars and the best service no matter where I ventured (even far up in an elevator).  Now all of a sudden I'm hitting 2-3 bars if I'm lucky.  I have the Galaxy S3 that is not even 9 months old.  Their IT department tried to tell me it was my phone and they had the nerve to send me half a phone as a replacement - I had to put in my old battery and back of phone - really? that must be new because when i had to replace my Charge (I am covered under extended warranty I pay for each month) they actually sent me a refurbished phone (which I don't mind) but it was an entire phone.  Anyhow after going thru all the customer service reps I care to talk to and an IT person who thought he knew what he was talking about, I come to find out it is not my phone but the actual cell service.  Verizon is not telling people but they are in the midst of revamping their cell system (which is good if they ever shit or get off the pot); but they had to sell over 60 towers to AT&T to gain the extra funds to continue with this.  In the meantime the customers are the ones that suffer.  I don't mind paying a bit extra for service (since I'll be damned if I'm going to walk a wall of windows just to get a signal in my office) but give me the service I am paying for or compensate me in some other fashion.  Shit, even Cablevision compensates their customers when they are having issues that cannot be fixed right away and the customer is greatly inconvenienced.  I am now a very unsatisfied Verizon customer

0 Likes