Re: Anyone else having Call Quality issues?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pjkump, we want you to recieve the 100% reliable service that you deserve at all times. No need to cross your fingers as we're always here to support any issues with your wireless service. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Lasina, do you have selective memory, this one post topic has explained calls to Verizon and no one is recognizing/retaining issues of the problem...Verizon and Samsung thinks there is no problem....you had to see the returned phones/exchanges w/ new Note 3's. 

Look in the GNex forum, everyone is screaming for 4.2-4.3 upgrade because of the dropped calls/unable of make calls issue.  So the question is:  1)is it your towers? 2)your internal programming? 3)or the phone?  One call I made into V tech support said it was a Samsung issue....IDK, but your pollyanna response to a SERIOUS PROBLEM PEOPLE ARE HAVING inflames me practically to "web rage". 

After years of frustration, because I DO live in an area that seems to be a black hole for cell coverage, I personally bought an network extender and a jet pack so I could have decent service....something you should only have to do this if you live in the sticks.  I live in the residential area of a mid size city, I shouldn't have this problem.  Maybe you all should post maps of where we should live if we have your service.

One call to V tech support asked me to go on my porch to see if the call signal improved, go in my back yard....so I asked her if I should get in my car and drive around looking for a good signal?  She said no, so then I asked her to send me an antenna for my roof....she couldn't do that......so I asked her if she expected me to move under her tower....she had no comment.  WIFI CALLING WILL HELP. T-MOBILE HAS IT, SAMSUNG HAS A SWITCH FOR IT.  IMPLEMENT THE OPTION AND YOU'LL SOLVE A LOT OF PROBLEMS W/ CALL ISSUES!!!!!!!  I can't tale my network extender around with me, which REALLY helps.

0 Likes
willy325

Thanks to best buy i exchange the phone still have the same problem i just had to cancel the line t mobile and att is fine, just don't have the time to wait when i m the one paying, thanks

0 Likes
LShan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Support, are you serious? you want US to let YOU know how it goes?  We are waiting on you to provide us with an update to correct this problem.  We want you to acknowledge it and fix it.  Can you confirm that there are steps in place to do this?

0 Likes
Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

LasinaH_VZW (Verizon Wireless Support),

It is somewhat encouraging to see someone from your side of the fence make a post regarding this distorted call issue. I have seen posts that said when they referenced this forum the support tech said Verizon does not monitor this forum and were unaware of the problem.

I think Verizon needs to take responsibility and immediate action concerning the distorted calls. I pre-ordered 2 Note 3s and both had the problem. Verizon shipped me 2 replacements and they also were bad. Verizon then suggested I drive to the nearest corporate store to exchange the phones but when I did they also had this exact same distorted call problem. I was then told to call Samsung which I do not think is the customers responsibility. Besides, upon contacting Samsung they said they were unaware of the problem even though they sent on OTA upgrade to fix the thousands of Sprint customers experiencing this issue. They also said I would have to work with Verizon to resolve this.

Half of the time I contacted Verizon the support tech was unaware of this problem, so the entire team needs to be notified by whatever internal means Verizon has to convey such information.

I will say that one Verizon tier 2 support tech is aware of the problem and she has been checking "posts" from Samsung every couple of days and texting me that there is to date no resolution. In addition one Samsung tech was aware but could not even guess at if and when there would be an update.

It is important that Verizon does the following now:

- Acknowledge the issue and educate the entire tech support team.

- Press Samsung for an immediate fix.

- Update all affected customers as to the status of the remedy routinely.

- Extend a credit on monthly services to each affected customer until it is resolved since they did not get what they paid for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Michael_S,

We are sad to hear about these problems with your service. The Note 3 is a great phone! We are here to get it resolved. What is your zip code? Have you tried to pull the sim out for 60 seconds? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lloyd_Braun
Enthusiast - Level 2

BobbyS_VZW,

Are you guys seriously still trying to put us through the same BS troubleshooting that we all have already done? I do not understand your approach to this pervasive problem. This is not an isolated incident, but all the VZW responses on this forum are addressing it as if it is. All we want you to say is that Verizon is aware of the issue and is working on a fix, and the estimated date of this fix. If I don't get some sort of assurance that this issue is being resolved, I will be returning the phone and cancelling my service.

Sprint acknowledged the issue and fixed it, Tmobile and AT&T do not have any issues, perhaps I will give them my business. Can't imagine their customer service is any worse than yours.

cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

As for me, all of this has been done, even w/ the network extender my call signal bars never go beyond 3, I've done the hard reboot, removed the sim card, etc....called the n. extender #48, says I'm under the coverage, but the bars never go above 3 even if I'm next to it.  The call quality IS GOOD, but I'm sure it's because of the Network Extender....3-4g network sucks w/o my jetpak away from home, there are all kinds of holes in it driving around in different neighborhoods in the city.....W/ my 2yrs of GNexus use, no one could help w/ the similar problem....or admit there was a problem....and they are still doing it w/ the Note 3. INSTILL WIFI CALLING INTO YOUR SYSTEM AS A QUICK FIX!!!!

0 Likes
SamChieftan

I have also posted that I have gone through the same process; sims, phones etc. The phone has bad distorted quality wherever I am .... EVEN inside the Verizon Wireless store or when I have actually DRIVEN to an actual Verizon Tower with me talking with VZW support on my WIFE's phone and me being by a VZW tower and trying to make a call with my NOTE 3.  Last Sunday I was at our local VZW store, and the manager had stated that they were aware of the problem, and that VZW and Samsung were working on a patch to fix the problem just like they had done with Sprint.I did not return or exchange the phone at that time as I like the NOTE 3 for its features, and as long as something was being done I was content ... even as a PAYING customer.

This will be #88 post on the Verizon Wireless forum.  Obviously everyone posting their problems on here must be dreaming as no one is acknowledging the problem from Verizon.  Tomorrow, I am going to contact our CEO of the company I work for and inform him on how can run our company better. Just ignore all of our customers and their complaints. Think of how much time and MONEY that will save our company? Verizon is one of the largest telecoms and that is how they do it, why not model after them.  Welcome to the new America.

Or better yet, we will provide support for our customers just like Verizon models after the TV show "The IT Crowd" when Roy says "Have you tried turning it off and on again or have you removed the sim and reinstalled it???"

0 Likes
rizzell
Enthusiast - Level 2

i think everyone that brought a GN3 should return it to the store and not wait for Verizon or Samsung to figure out whos problem it is. If they got all them back they would have to admit theres a problem and work on a solution to solve it. they are going to deny the problem until its to late for all the early buyer to return the phone.