Air Command problem
Doug_S1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use Air Command, triggered by s-pen on screen, to capture screen shots using screen write.

2 problems after update to Lollipop 5:

It works OK but sometimes includes the air command pie shaped icon in the screen capture, sometimes not. I don't want the symbol covering part of the screen captured image, ever. Seems inconsistent and I see no way to control it. Restart does not fix. I see no settings to control. Seems like a bug.

Alternate screenshot via buttons or swipe screen are very poorly implemented as they don't work well and are cumbersome.

The GMD Air Command shortcut widget NEVER works...it ALWAYS fails....says stopped working. It is a default installed app. I can put it on a page, but it never works that way. I provide feedback but no progress on the app...should be an app update?

0 Likes
Re: Air Command problem
mama23dogs
Legend

I Have the Note 3 and also had s-pen problems.   Should say have....but less than before I cleared cache on screen writer.  Try that and see if it improves function.

I Also found double clicking the pen gets the pie when I do want it, as mine was never popping up.

Have you tried the Samsung Desk at Best Buy?

I collect a few problems, then backup and go see the guys for help.  They have a hot line to Samsung support and have been really helpful.

0 Likes
Doug_S1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks I did a clear cache and will check for improvement.

Today I got a new update OTA available.....but I'll wait for a while and see other's results.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Have had 2 minor updates, one I figured was the stage fright patch.

THe S-Pen has been a little buggy, but not enough to FDR the phone.

I've been using a smaller phone as my primary, so not using the S-Pen or the note as much, but I miss it.

I Wish there was a Note mini, but I guess it defeats the purpose.

0 Likes