After latest update...lost all pictures and it reset all my ringtones..can I recover?
PEDDENKA
Enthusiast - Level 1

After this latest software upgrade on my Note 5, I noticed all of my pictures were missing and my ringtones/notification tones were reset. I looked on the Verizon cloud and they weren't there either. The upgrade took place maybe Thursday on my phone, everything was fine on Friday and seemed fine Saturday when I was taking pictures and what-not but by Sunday, there was no evidence of the pictures taken Saturday and all tones were reset. Any way to figure this out or is it a lost cause? Usually my pictures back-up to google as well (because I honestly don't trust Verizon's cloud) but even then the pictures taken Saturday aren't there.

Re: After latest update...lost all pictures and it reset all my ringtones..can I recover?
bearone21
Legend

601 changed many things, some eliminated, some added...i had to go thru everything in settings.

changed do not disturb times, changed email sync schedule, added doze, which i like.

0 Likes
Re: After latest update...lost all pictures and it reset all my ringtones..can I recover?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Peddenka, that is strange this would be happening. Updates are meant to improve your phone not cause these issues. Are you using the Camera App? Are these tones downloaded from a third party app?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AIMNAP70
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Note 5 installed an system update tonight that I wasn't even aware my phone had downloaded!!  When the phone rebooted, it had WIPED my phone completely. The phone opened in the Set Up Wizard asking what language to use!!!!!  Also, the phone didn't do a backup before installing the upgrade. When it asked me if I wanted to reinstall from a previous backup, the most recent one was from 2 days prior. So I lost ohone numbers, pictures, etc!!! 

Now as I am trying to reinstall apps & re-configure my phone, every single application, even CONTACTS, is giving me a Screen Overlay Detected error message. I've opened Draw Over other apps & turned ALL of the off. I've rebooted by turning off and then turning back on several times. I've gone into Developer Options, per instructions on another thread, and checked Stay Awake. It was already turned off.

What in the WORLD is wrong with this $#*$☆%&# phone? I haven't even gotten passed trying to set up my accts such as email for work and Samsung account because I cannot give access to calendar, photos, etc because of this Screen Overlay error message!!! Also, I have NO weird, strange apps. I don't even have Messenger installed. Basic normal everyday apps with addition of Evernote -- which shold be completely safe. Again, I haven't gotten passed adding accounts in setup to open up Facebook, Instagram or Evernote for the 1st time for them to have caused this. 

I checked About Phone. Android version is 6.0.1. Please HELP!!!!!

0 Likes