Activate Unlocked Note 20 Ultra
wekiser

I purchased the new Note 20 Ultra on Samsung's website.  It is unlocked.  Are there any special directions I need to follow to activate this phone??

I have an old Note 9 (4G obviously) and wondering if I just switch out the SIM Card??  Do I need to get a new SIM Card because it is 5G and newer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activate Unlocked Note 20 Ultra
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wekiser,

Congrats on the awesome new Note20 Ultra! Let's make sure you can get this device up and running as quickly as possible. To begin, since the device is a 5G phone, you'll need to get a new SIM Card for it. Any of our corporate stores can assist you with activating this and getting you the SIM Card (Store locator: http://vz.to/1bUtDMJ - * Verizon Corporate Store & † Authorized Retailer). Otherwise, we can ship you one as well. I've sent you a Private Message to move forward with the shipping option, so let us know what you prefer to do.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
jwolchko
Enthusiast - Level 2

What about just activating it with the eSIM, since it is unlocked?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question. With regard to the device we are unable to support the esim option for your model. We are only providing this option for Apple device launched in 2018 or later or the Google Pixel 4/XL. Your model is not available to for this option under the Verizon network. As we move forward additional devices will be included with this option but not at this time. Does this make sense? 

0 Likes
vchat79

I purchased my note 20 from Samsung.com too but it was shipped to me Verizon ready with no problem to activate. The hardest part was downloading all my files from the old phone to the new one.

0 Likes
stolly23

I also purchased mine as an unlocked from Samsung.  Were you able to activate this and what steps were needed.  Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone, stolly23. I understanding wanting to activate it as soon as possible, so we're here to help. Do you already have service with Verizon, or are you setting up a new line of service?

Tracy_B

0 Likes
Andresm1

I just bought my note 20 ultra unlocked and after getting a 5g Sim it worked for all of 30 seconds now I can only text and that's it. Data does not work and I can't call or receive calls. My bars go up and down but I can't get the 5g to pop up which mean I got usable internet data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know being able to fully use your phone with service is essential, and we'd be glad to help with getting your phone working with the new SIM card, Andresm1. We'd recommend restarting the phone and testing it with a call to #832. Please let us know what you hear, and let us know if you have your previous SIM card still. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes