Account reactivation
Daniellelacie31

Long story not so short.. my fiance and father of kids has been with Verizon for years. He was up for an upgrade and recommended signing me up on his plan due to a promotion Verizon was doing with new Samsung notes. (Buy one get one) he was able to upgrade and get the phone be wanted and I picked the phone I wanted but he assumed all responsibility for the account.. I was just assigned as an account manager. He's been a very spiteful person when he's mad in the past so I was hesitant but trusted it enough i guess because here i am. Well My fiance and I get into a small argument on the phone one night and I go to sleep, wake up the next morning and find my service is suspended and I was removed as an act manager (so I couldn't reactivate) he listed it as stolen or lost which of course its not, and he also suspended it continuing full billing. A lot of my sons school accounts are now done online and connected to that number along with other important things doctors appointments, family, customers because I own a small business, etc. I've reached out to him multiple times trying to get him to authorize me to transfer off the account and finish paying off the phone and plan myself. He refuses to do it. I offered to pay the phone off in full, return the phone to him, nothing. He will not allow me to get off the account nor transfer service and also knows how many problems its causing me not having a phone and also a business and 3 kids. I'm not sure what to do with this phone because it is in his name but he will not take it back. I thought of mailing it to him but I feel like he would claim i didn't and destroy it and try to hold me reliable. Because I can't prove I mailed the phone. It's been 2 weeks now and I've gotten nowhere. He wants the control and would rather pay to cause me distress than just do the right thing and allow me to take it off his hands. Do I have any options to either transfer this phone or pay it off and resume service without needing him?. If not, am I able to get a new account with yall myself while technically being connected to his account now? I know yall really just want your money and this is getting paid either way so i know its not a priority.. its more of a personal problem.. just wondering if there's anyway I can I get the service thats being paid for back so I can have the phone and number i use to operate my entire on lol I hope this makes sense and thank you in advance. I know the obvious, don't trust pretty much anyone claiming they just want to help again and do everything yourself lol

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Account reactivation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Daniellelacie31, I am truly sad to hear this. You have a lot going on, and I want to help in anyway possible. I totally understand how vital it is for you to have a working phone, especially when you have children and with all that is going on in the world right now. However, that phone and number are attached to an account that you stated you no longer are authorized on. We would not be able to do a transfer of service without the Account Owner's consent. Also, you can mail the device back to him and obtain a receipt from the post office proving you did mail it to him. From what I read he is liable for the device and payments, not you. I understand not wanting to change your number, but the only option you have right now is to set up service in your own name and get a new phone and number. You can do so by reaching out to our Telesales team @ 800-256-4646. I hope this helps. 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
Daniellelacie31

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach out and respond. I tried so hard to get advice by researching but couldn't find anyone with my issue. Its pretty rare someone refuses to take property back or allow someone to take over the payment obligation themselves lol. But yes, you're so right. I didn't think about mailing it certified before. I even film it being boxed up and sent off so that the condition it left my hands in cant be disputed. Lol (its unfortunate you can't be too careful). Whatever he decides to do with after receiving it, is on him at least.. but i do understand the position yall are in not being able to do anything without his consent.. i was hoping if I verified it was returned to him with no damage, and prove the phone number was assigned and given to me since day one, then I could connect it with a new account and device, just in my own name lol. Because yes, no one wants to start completely over if they don't have to 😞 in my opinion, him unsuspending the line and approving a transfer off of him allows all 3 of us involved to benefit. so clearly its not about the money or benefitting himself financially.. the time and ways I'm inconvenienced is more beneficial.. which is why i feel i have to cover myself from all angles doing this. Lol. The entire situation not making any logical sense is what has me so paranoid. But i will take your advice and yes, it did help! Very much, Thank you! 💗

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are delighted that we were able to assist, Daniellelacie31. We're always here if you need us. 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes