4.4.2 Note II - hangs, battery discharges, takes forever to charge
cat862
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past 1 to 2 weeks, my Note II has been having the following issues:

1. Hanging - The screen is unresponsive. I tap something and nothing happens. Sometimes I get an error message of something not responding. In order to get things to work. Most times I get nothing. When I keep tapping, the screen turns black. I tried pressing the power button. Most times, I have to take out the battery. I thought all this had to do with turning on the encryption. So, I unencrypted my phone. But, the problem persists.

2. Charging - It takes hours to recharge. This phone used to charge within an hour. The phone needs recharging very soon after being fully charged.

3. 4G/3G/1X - I am not getting 4G. It is constantly flipping between 4G, 3G, and 1X. I realized this because we are on vacation and I have been turning the wifi off when I want some measure of security. However, My husband and daughter, who don't have the same phones, are not having the network problem.

I googled these problems and saw a lot of people complaining about the same issues. My phone was upgraded to 4.4.2. Per the suggestion by tech support to other users, I used Kies(3) to backup my data and did a hard restore. Unfortunately, Kies does not save the apps that I put on the home pages. Now I have to remember how I had everything Unfortunately, the phone is still discharging and taking a long time to recharge. I did what someone suggested and turn it to airplane mode and it charged quicker.

Please advise what can be done to fix this problem. Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4.4.2 Note II - hangs, battery discharges, takes forever to charge
cat862
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think the hard reset worked. My phone no longer hangs. The 4G/3G/1X access might have been resolved. But now that I am home, I use wireless more often than not. I think the recharging is still slower than before but bearable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you going all the way through a reset on your phone, cat862. After the reset, is the only trouble remaining the charging portion of the trouble you mentioned? Are you using the original home charger that came with the device to do the charging? Is there any debris or corrosion when you look into your charging port on the phone?

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
cat862
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think the hard reset worked. My phone no longer hangs. The 4G/3G/1X access might have been resolved. But now that I am home, I use wireless more often than not. I think the recharging is still slower than before but bearable.

0 Likes