4.3 version automatically downloaded but I don't have Jelly Bean!
Trionalaw

Phone says I have it and that it is the MJ9 .But I still have Ice Cream Sandwich not Jelly Bean. Factory reset didn't help.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4.3 version automatically downloaded but I don't have Jelly Bean!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trionalaw,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your recent update. That is very strange that you have the 4.3 update but not jelly bean. Where on your phone are you confirming that it is not Jelly Bean, because 4.3 and JB are one and the same. An easy way to figure out what OS you are on is by going to: Settings>About phone> and click very fast on the Android Version. This should pop up a graphic with the OS version. Also please send a picture of your about phone screen so we can review. We look forward to helping.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trionalaw,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your recent update. That is very strange that you have the 4.3 update but not jelly bean. Where on your phone are you confirming that it is not Jelly Bean, because 4.3 and JB are one and the same. An easy way to figure out what OS you are on is by going to: Settings>About phone> and click very fast on the Android Version. This should pop up a graphic with the OS version. Also please send a picture of your about phone screen so we can review. We look forward to helping.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Trionalaw

Tony,

I think I probably have jellybean. I noticed my calculator had a different

look to it. Moreover, when I did what you advised, I got a big red

jellybean. I then tapped on it and I got a bunch of jellybeans on my

screen. So I guess I have it.

As you probably know, jellybean as a far different look when you Google it.

Someone said Samsung (I have a note II) decided to limit the look of

jellybean. Is that true?

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I appreciate it.

Jim

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us Trionalaw. To ensure you are checking the software verision correctly click http://vz.to/1hQFiNV Unfortunatley, we do not have specifics from Samsung regarding the look they decided on with software update.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes