2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
DocMurdock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon announced "Nationwide" (lower band) 5G access on Oct 13. Since the "Ultra" (high) band won't be accessible in my location, I was glad the Nationwide coverage map showed it was locally available. But, I just discovered that my SM-976V was made in August 2019 with the older Qualcomm X50 modem that connects only to the high band. So, after spending a lot on the SM-976V that was advertised as a 5G device, I get no such connectivity. I believe customers should have been informed of the modem and limited access issue. Have others been impacted with this problem? Does anyone have a suggestion for getting satisfaction from Verizon and/or Samsung?

Labels (1)
Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DocMurdock! We know it's important that you're able to take advantage of your 5G device, and we're here to help. Please reply to our private note to better assist you. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
Stephanieisabel92
Enthusiast - Level 3

Who do I contact? I have the same issue! 

kayleeates
Contributor - Level 1
  • I have the note 10 plus 5g  and want to have nationwide 5g 
Taylaptop
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Samsung note 10 + 5g and upgraded my plan to get 5g nationwide last week. I was told that i would be able to use the 5g nation wide with this phone and that is why i bought it. I would like some help with this issue also. 

kayleeates
Contributor - Level 1

I also would like Satisfaction.

kayleeates
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same issue and need help. 

rockhprs79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the note 10 plus 5g  and want to have nationwide 5g 

Who do I need to contact?

Stephanieisabel92
Enthusiast - Level 3

So have I. Verizon is yet to respond to this issue. 

KitchMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I chatted with customer service this afternoon and they pretty much blew me off.  This phone is a Samsung Note 10+ 5g that we all paid about $400 extra for 5g.  It's not "5g UW".  This should cover all 5g on the Verizon network including 5g nationwide.  All our phones should be replaced with either a Note 10+ capable of the new 5g or a Note 20 Ultra, which should be equivalent.  If you didn't want to include this new "5g" in the same category as 5g UW, you should have called it 4g+.  If not, I see a class action lawsuit in your future.