Re: , 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
emtownsend
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for responding Akane!

I'm in one of those areas already but I do not get 5G.  How can I make my 'Note 10+ 5G' get 5G?

I think my only real option is to change phones.  My argument for an uncomplicated phone swap is this: Verizon sold me a 5G phone that does not deliver 5G.  I entered into an agreement that Verizon could not fulfill and this should allow me to change devices.  This seems fair.

Without being one those dreaded customers, I would like to 'step into' the equivalent device in the Note 20 model line without having to pay mine off.  Ideally, take my Note 10+ back and set me up with a 'Note 20 5G Ultra' giving me credit for the $500+ that I have spent on my Note 10+. 

Akane, would you please PM me for options? 
Thank you!

Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

emtownsend, what I gathered reading through your Private Note and your replies in other threads, I believe the issue you are running into is that the Note 10 5G series are all running off the 5G UW network. Since the 5G UW network is limited to small pockets of the nation, you are not able to use your device on the 5G Nationwide as your wife is doing. I am sure you were able to read through this thread and conclude that the Note 10 5G series do not have the required hardware to update to the 5G Nationwide network. 

I have stated this in the thread before, but 5G Nationwide and our 4G LTE share low band spectrum. Really, what this means is that right now 5G Nationwide is more of a slightly boosted 4G LTE connection than it is of a slightly downgraded 5G Ultra Wideband, aka UWB, connection (the 5G that receives those super-fast speeds). 5G Nationwide will improve as we grow it out and as we build on 5G UWB areas. This would explain why you and your wife are having almost identical speeds while on the 4G and 5G Nationwide network. 

You will get 5G on the Note 10, but it will solely be for the 5G Ulta Wideband technology. You can use this link to see where the exact pockets of the 5G UW are located: https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/ Let me know if my explanation helped. 

Akane_VZW

0 Likes
RonaldReynoldsJr
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem is my wife and I paid and extra $600, $300 each for our phones to get the Note 10+ 5G instead of the regular Note 10+ because the salesman told us we needed to future proof our phones because 5G would be everywhere in the next few months. I feel deceived because now I find out these phones can only access 5GUW which Verizon has essentially abandoned in favor or nationwide 5G. I don't live or work anywhere near a 5GUW tower and from what I understood neither does 99% of the population as its basically line if sight... I think Verizon should upgrade us for free to the Note 20+ so we can actually use the 5G service we were promised and paid extra for!

Jymnell
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same dam problem. Been waiting for SOMEONE, to respond to me.

Scamed into an exlensive asf phone. I just assune throw this phone out my window and drop you (Verizon, after 7 yrs) and walk across the street to att. 

0 Likes
Re: , 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing us with these details. Please send us a Private Message and we will take a closer look for you. 

0 Likes
emtownsend
Enthusiast - Level 2

I drove through Miami on the way to the airport yesterday and never got any 5G at all.

I am visiting my local Verizon store where I bought it to see if they can help with this.

I think I would even be happy if Verizon would just credit me the extra money that I spent to get the 5G version for the same reasons that Ronald did.  I think it was $300 more?  This was supposed to be the future proofed way to go.  *sigh*

0 Likes
5pacey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. Have Note 10+ 5G, live in 5G nationwide area and don't get 5G. Whats up w/that? How do we fix this?

0 Likes
5pacey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have the same issue - Note 10+ 5G, have been paying for it through the nose specifically because its 5G. Live in 5G area and dont get 5G. How do we fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RonaldReynoldsJr,

I want to make sure you can get the most out of your phone and that you always get great service you can rely on. Getting the very best signal on any phone is a big deal. I'd like to set the record straight on a few things.

5G Nationwide is a great option, but it is not a replacement for 5G UW and we have not abandoned 5G UW. Just in the last month we've launched 5G UW in multiple new cities. We plan to continue launching 5G UW in as many places as possible. UW however is a more complex network and does take longer to deploy. 5G Nationwide can be a great help in many areas, but the main benefit of it is that it allows for additional spectrum which can help alleviate pressure on our 4G network. That helps people who only have 4G phones as well. The speeds on 5G Nationwide are actually pretty similar to 4G, while 5G UW has an average speed of over 300 Mbps. We want everyone to be able to enjoy 5G UW in the long term because it is the network that offers a significant speed boost and a significantly different experience. Both are important, but we don't want to give the impression that 5G Nationwide is here to replace 5G UW because they are very different things that are both important.

What is it about 5G Nationwide that you are looking to? We want to do all we can to make sure you have the best experience on any phone.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
Pkovack
Enthusiast - Level 1

Apparently I am in the same situation, I know 5G works in my area because I have seen it, just not on my note 10+5G I have replaced sim, reset and updated more that 15 times and just recently replaced the device. Still only running in 4G they are now sending network support to my area which will ultimately do me no good because the network is performing as it should. They need do upgrade our devices so that we get what we are paying for. I bought a $1300 dollar phone so I could use "the best" 5G network, most of the vehicles I have purchased didn't cost me 1300.00 bucks... this is garbage upgrade our devices or risk losing clients.