Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
Stephanieisabel92
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is my thought process. Verizon is not providing options for customers besides pay more then upgrade if you want the service. 

DocMurdock
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to work out a solution with Verizon via private messaging. They replied the device was promoted for UW. I researched the 2019 ad. In the fine print, UW service was barely mentioned. Instead, the ads emphasized a growing 5G network, but failed to clarify the UW service and this device would always be extremely limited in utility for most customers. The device was not built to serve a broad customer base, but was aggressively promoted as 5G ready. Verizon issued a "special offer" of $350-450 if I trade in/upgrade the device. But, their website offers more ($550). And even that amount is unacceptable. Without a fair remedy, it appears necessary to take other action. 

I Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
devgib04
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of 12:10pm 10/20/20, I spoke to a rep and a member of the escalation staff. I was told they are aware, it is a known issue and verizon is suppose to come up with a solution. A software update cant fix hardware issues. The solution to come should have came with the 5g nationwide announcement. Im patient so I'll wait for the solution. The option of "just go buy a new phone" is out of the solution. We bought this phone to be 5g ready not specific 5g ready. Im loyal to verizon and dont want to leave but without a reasonable solution, im leaving this company. Come on verizon. Im counting on you.

Bobbyhatfield
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. Looking into switching providers. 

Re: I Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
Stephanieisabel92
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please keep us updated on resolution. My husband is ready to switch. Hopefully  Verizon comes up with a reasonable  option for customers. 

Re: I Re: 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I've been doing a lot of research. I have the unlocked version bought and pre-ordered from Samsung of the note 20 ultra. Apparently my phone is 5G compatible with Verizon a UWB, BUT not nationwide 5G. It needs an update from Samsung and Verizon to allocate it to the devices. 5G isn't even an option to select in network connections. Pending updates should make it work. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Taylaptop, providing you with fast data speeds through the 5G network is a priority. We are here to assist. Please click on the following web page https://www.verizon.com/support/5g-mobile-faqs/ for the details. What type of signal does the phone show? Are you located in a 5G coverage area shown on the coverage map? 

0 Likes
kayleeates
Contributor - Level 1

I'm aware of the network. The note 10 plus 5g. Only connects to a portion of the network. It will never be able to connect to the 5g that is widely deployed by verizon. Stop playing and offer customers who paid for a premium device a real solution. You advertise the 5gUW, it is something that will not be widely available anytime soon if ever. The cost of this device is twice as much as mid range devices that support your 5g. Other networks have the note 10 plus 5g that uses the X55 that would work with both MMwave and Sub6. We have paid the same price for a device that only gets MMwave. Do what is right and take care of your customers who paid for a premium device that will give us a true 5g experience. 

Tags (1)
DocMurdock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Taylaptop, Read the prior emails! The phone connects to 4G fine. The map shows I live in a 5G covered area. But, the phone's X50 modem can't connect to the sub6 5G band (aka "Nationwide"). Also see Kayleeates' 10-21-2020 12:11 PM post. She clearly voices the problem and our frustration. 

Re: I 2019 Samsung Note 10 can’t get Nationwide 5G - false advertising?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

devgib04, we value your loyalty and we never want to see you. We understand the importance of making sure your device and features are working as they should. Allow us the opportunity to explore your options. We have sent you a Private Message. Please respond to that message. Thank you. 

0 Likes