1x coverage in a 4G area
danwatson

Why Verizon am I getting kicked off 4G down to 3G or even 1X all the time even though i'm in a 4G coverage area. Here is the map of where I am located and you can see my current coverage. This also causes my battery to get knocked down 3x faster probably because the phone is constantly looking for a tower. I got Verizon last year because of the 'amazing coverage' but have been disappointed ever since. Sometimes if I turn off my mobile data and then turn it back on, it will connect to 4G but for some reason my phone will automatically go to 1X or 3G if I'm lucky and this happens every day.

Screenshot_2014-10-14-13-39-30.png

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: 1x coverage in a 4G area
camhill17

I just activated my new Verizon account today, and got an iPhone 6 for both my wife and I.  Both phones, since we got home, have fluctuated around 1 bar and 2, and going from 3G down to 1x.  Why?  We only switched to Verizon because everyone in our neighborhood said it was the best coverage here.  Doesn't seem to be the case.  We had to between 4 and 5 bars all the time with AT&T in our home.  Can someon help me understand?  Our zip code is 84043. 

Help? 

Cam

0 Likes
jgraham30

I am having the same problem with my new iPhone 6. It's frustrating because I can't even call the Verizon customer service, and i've been waiting for 30 minutes for the live chat. This has never happened to me in my apartment. My zip code is 30303.

Help, please.

0 Likes
CSerapio

I'm having the same Issue. The map says it's 4G but I'm lucky if I can even get 2 bars of 3G, it always reverts back to 1x. Also there are HOURS where I have not connection what so ever. My zip code is 79849. It's honestly very frustrating. I'm to the point where I'm looking into other carriers that will buy out my contract. 

0 Likes