Why can't I finish activating an iPhone 4 on prepaid?
therpglper
Enthusiast - Level 1

At around 2 PM EST, I had used this link http://verizonwireless.com/activate/ to activate my iPhone 4 on prepaid, and the process appeared to have gone through all well, and the ESN shows it's linked to an account and the number is active, and it told me to dial *228 on my phone to finish it and program the phone. However, I cannot do so because my iPhone constantly shows Searching... and No Service and it refuses to connect to Verizon towers.

I am stuck on the process. For 4 hours, I've restarted, reset, restored, done everything to the iPhone and it still won't connect. It just shows No Service and shows the Waiting for Activation message on the iPhone and whenever I dial *228 it says iPhone is not activated and gives me the options to Try Again and to Ignore.

The number was a port from StraightTalk phone, so does the activation just have to take longer or is this iPhone screwed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot Finish iPhone 4 Prepaid Activation
therpglper
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your reply but I have gotten the iPhone activated and working.

If anyone else is having a similar problem, *228 wouldn't work because my phone

Could not determine between verizon and us cellular. Dialing *22800 forced it to Verizon

And allowed the activation to go through. *22801 is US cellular.

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello therglper
I'm sorry to hear your having issues activating your device. Let's see what could be causing this. Is the iPhone a Verizon Wireless device? Have you been able to activate other devices to this number? How long ago did you port the number in?

I look forward to your reply so we can get you up and running.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
therpglper
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your reply but I have gotten the iPhone activated and working.

If anyone else is having a similar problem, *228 wouldn't work because my phone

Could not determine between verizon and us cellular. Dialing *22800 forced it to Verizon

And allowed the activation to go through. *22801 is US cellular.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes