Why am I not able to donate via text message?
SteveL7373

After I sent a code to donate, I get a message asking what my billing zip code is. I reply with that and get a response saying, "Your wireless account is not eligible to donate. Your donation cannot be processed. You can still donate at redcross.org. Terms at mGive.org/T." Does anyone else have this problem? I have a prepaid plan and thought it was supposed to be deducted from my prepaid balance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why am I not able to donate via text message?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

SteveL7373 wrote:

After I sent a code to donate, I get a message asking what my billing zip code is. I reply with that and get a response saying, "Your wireless account is not eligible to donate. Your donation cannot be processed. You can still donate at redcross.org. Terms at mGive.org/T." Does anyone else have this problem? I have a prepaid plan and thought it was supposed to be deducted from my prepaid balance.

Donations like these usually require the premium message feature. I'm not sure if prepaid plans have access to this feature. I know with postpaid accounts, the account owner can block premium messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

SteveL7373 wrote:

Donations like these usually require the premium message feature. I'm not sure if prepaid plans have access to this feature. I know with postpaid accounts, the account owner can block premium messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SteveL7373,

How nice that you're looking to make a donation to a great cause! A thank you goes out to Ann154, as her answer is correct. Donations via text message are not something that Prepaid lines cannot do. Please visit the website in the message for your donation.

Thanks for your question and have a great day!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
dm128971

i am NOT on a prepaid plan but have same problem.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes