Why am I getting roaming charges on Prepaid?
Exeygurl

I have Verizon prepaid and I have recently traveled to see family in West Virginia. I live in Delaware and every time I leave the state I get hit with roaming charges. On this visit I can not even use my phone at all as talk text and data are all roaming and have been wracked up chages without realizing it. How is going from one state to the next considered roaming ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Roaming charges on Prepaid
Weth
Legend

The problem is West Virginia.  Verizon has large holes in native coverage in West Virginia and that is why you hit roaming there.  It is not just moving state to state.  WV is one of Verizon's weakest areas In the whole country. 

Coverage Locator

If you had post paid, you would not get roaming charges.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you were having unexpected charges. Unfortunately we don't have access to prepaid plans. Please call them at 888-294-6804

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The problem is West Virginia.  Verizon has large holes in native coverage in West Virginia and that is why you hit roaming there.  It is not just moving state to state.  WV is one of Verizon's weakest areas In the whole country. 

Coverage Locator

If you had post paid, you would not get roaming charges.

0 Likes