Verizon gift card
Brentlyp79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally goofed. I went to buy a Verizon gift card to pay my bill with. I ended buying a prepaid refill card. I'm hearing that I cannot use the prepaid card to pay my bill, that it can only be used to pay on a prepaid account. The card cannot be refunded or exchanged. Is it true that I won't be able to use the prepaid card?

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon gift card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brentlyp79, this is a wonderful question. With the Prepay Refill Cards, you would be unable to put the value of the card towards a Postpay account. I recommend attempting to sell the Prepay Card to get a return in the value placed on the card.

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
isumom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why not? Aren't gift cards the same as cash? What does Verizon care what you use it for? I have never heard of any other company who does this. For example, if I have an Amazon card and a Kindle card, both work no matter what you buy. What a rip off!

Jilly4
Enthusiast - Level 1

My 12-year-olds just got phones for their birthday and unsuspecting friends accidentally bought the prepaid refill cards for them to buy a case.  Mistake.  I'm going to have to sell the cards or donate them to the local battered women's shelter.  They do me no good at all except wasting 2 hours of time online trying to figure out what I can do with them.