Verizon Prepaid iPhone SE unlock
frannyjunk

I bought a Verizon Prepaid phone (from Target, if that matters), and activated it on Xfinity Mobile, which I understand is a Verizon MVNO.  It is working fine on Xfinity but I am travelling overseas this summer and would like to get my phone unlocked. I request Xfinity to unlock the phone, but they cannot and asked me to contact Verizon. I called Verizon tech support, and they told me that Verizon does not lock their phones. Yet the phone does not work when I pop in a AT&T SIM (as a test) when I tried it. The Verizon rep also told me something about Verizon Prepaid needs to "release" my phone, but can only do it by porting my phone to Verizon Prepaid since the phone cannot simultaneously be a Xfinity and Verizon Prepaid phone.

What is the difference between unlocked vs "released"?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Prepaid iPhone SE unlock
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Frannyjunk, getting the most out of your device is key. With our Prepaid Devices, we do not lock our 4G devices, other than our 4G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones. Our 4G Phone-in-a-Box phones may only be used with Verizon Prepaid service for 1 year from original activation date or until payments in the amount specified on the back of the Phone-in-a-Box package are added to the Prepaid account. This is to partially offset the subsidy we provide to make our 4G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones more affordable to customers.

Once either of the criteria above is satisfied, you can dial *611 from your Verizon Wireless Prepaid phone or call 888.294.6804 and we will provide you with programming instructions so you can unlock your phone. If the user guide for your phone does not provide instructions to access the programming menu, we can help you with that as well.

For more information, please feel free to view this link: http://spr.ly/6586DWzYK

Takendra_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes