Verizon Mobile Data Used up in 1 Day!
1treasurehunterdale
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought my wife and myself Verizon Prepaid Moto G's and used the $45 unlimited talk, text, with 500mb of data. Well I went through my 500 mb quickly as I had some apps that using it so I disabled them from using Mobile Data and spent $10 for 1gb. I have Wi-Fi at home so I set my apps up to only update on it, that way I could save my Mobile Data for whatever I may need on the road. I check today and saw that 338 minutes of data was used yesterday pretty much depleting the 1gb I added. I had the Mobile Data enabled but apps were set for Wi-Fi only so where and how did 338 minutes get used up?

I tried calling cs and could only get a recording offering me to BUY more data. I turned the mobile data setting OFF and will see what happens not. Just wanted to let others know be careful how you have your phone set up. One more thing, we love the Moto G's!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Mobile Data Used up in 1 Day!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day 1treasurehunterdale! I'm glad to see that you love your Moto G phones, they are great devices! Depending on settings and installed applications, data can be used very fast. You are doing the right thing by enabling WiFi, I also recommend connecting to any open network while you are away from home to minimize your cellular data usage. If you need to contact our prepaid customer service team please call 888-294-6804 and after entering your wireless number follow these prompts in order 4, 6, 4.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Mobile Data Used up in 1 Day!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day 1treasurehunterdale! I'm glad to see that you love your Moto G phones, they are great devices! Depending on settings and installed applications, data can be used very fast. You are doing the right thing by enabling WiFi, I also recommend connecting to any open network while you are away from home to minimize your cellular data usage. If you need to contact our prepaid customer service team please call 888-294-6804 and after entering your wireless number follow these prompts in order 4, 6, 4.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes