Highlighted

VZW Prepaid $250 Mastercard promotion is a scam

kenmba

I brought two smart phones from AT&T and activate two new lines with VZW Prepaid.   I'm supposed to get $250 Mastercard promotion after 8 weeks.  It has been more than 12 weeks and couple chat and email to the VZW.  I still don't get the gift cards and they said my phone numbers are invalid.  No one seems to know how to fix the problem.  They just resubmit the promotion everytime that I talked to them.  They said nothing they can do except to resubmit the claims.  Am I wasting my time here? 

0 Likes

Re: VZW Prepaid $250 Mastercard promotion is a scam

boringusername

Never heard of Verizon offering the $250 gift card on prepaid plan.

Bring Your Own Device Promotion
What are the rules to receive the $250 prepaid MasterCard, and who is qualified for it?

To qualify for the $250 prepaid MasterCard promotion, you must:

• Bring your own phone using My Verizon online or the My Verizon app (device payment and 2-year contracts are not eligible)
  • Port your phone number from another carrier
  • Remain active for 45 consecutive days

You must remain enrolled with Verizon for 6 months to avoid a possible chargeback.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/bring-your-own-device-using-esim-faqs/#mastercard

0 Likes

kenmba

I worked with the VZW person online, verizonwireless.com.  She/he convinced me to switch both of my lines to VZW from AT&T.  Then, I would get the $250 per line promotion.  At this point, I think this is totally a scam.  This is wrong.

0 Likes

boringusername

@kenmba wrote:

I worked with the VZW person online, verizonwireless.com.  She/he convinced me to switch both of my lines to VZW from AT&T.  Then, I would get the $250 per line promotion.  At this point, I think this is totally a scam.  This is wrong.

I doubt they convinced you to switch to prepaid

0 Likes

Customer Service Rep

kenmba, I can understand your concerns regarding this promotion. It is a valid promotion but only for postpaid customers. If you ported your number to a prepaid account it would not qualify for this switching promotion. You can view these details here: http://spr.ly/6603EosJt; AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes