Upgraded to Unlimited and died
K2AAE
Enthusiast - Level 3

On April 15th I upgraded to unlimited prepaid then turned on my phones hotspot and surfed the web from my desktop. On April 16th the phone couldn't connect to the hotspot so I called prepaid customer (PPCS) support just to be told that 'prepaid customers don't get unlimited hotspot'. Then I was told I couldn't change my plan back, only one change a month which left me without internet access unless you conceder a 5 inch screen would work inplace of a 40 inch 4K monitor and at 70 my eyes don't. I was informed I could use a JETPACK to access the internet which I had tried two years ago but quit and canceled the Jetpack and tablet plans since I couldn't keep track of anything. With the 'New' Familey plan keeping everything in one account makes it simple I was told. I enabled the Jetpack and said goodbye to another chunk of change. next day the Jetpack still hadn't connected to the tower so I called PPCS and we trouble shot the jetpack with the conclusion that the SIM card wasn't working. I could swear she said she would send one right out but three days later, no SIM card. I called and was told to visit a store, the closest store is 200 miles round trip and 5 hours driven time, they gave me a number to call, an hour later that person informed me that since I was a prepaid customer with existing equipment they couldn't help me. I tried to purchase a SIM online, there is NO ONLINE SIM CARDS just an endless loop of garbage. I do believe Verizon Customer Support has exceeded Southparks Cable providers in redefining Customer Support, I hope they are enjoying it , 9 days without the Jetpack working and counting.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to Unlimited and died
boringusername
Master - Level 1

It says right on the plan page that prepaid unlimtied does not include hotspot. As far as the jetpack are you on the $65/$70 prepaid jetpack plan?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are experiencing problems with your Jetpack, K2AAE. Our goal is for you to be on the right plan. Boringusername, is correct. The Unlimited plan for Prepay cellphones does not include the mobile hotspot feature. You can find additional information on our Prepay plans using this link. https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid

I know having a working Jetpack is essential for you. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We value your time. Systematically, we are not able to order SIM cards for customers. Our corporate stores can provide you with a SIM card at no cost. You can locate a corporate store using this link and reach out to them to see if there is a SIM card available to pick one up. vzw.com/stores Have you contacted one of our corporate stores?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
K2AAE
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't visit the Plan Page, Last year I had unlimited and I had a hotspot on my phone, slooow hotspot but none the less it was a hotspot. I switched plans and on the page I was on there was nothing about no hotspot.

0 Likes
K2AAE
Enthusiast - Level 3

After trying to purchase a SIM on the Verison website I gave up, purchased two off Ebay. My 'new' MiFi7730L arrived but the seller sent the wrong charger and the battery was dead, after charging it with a Q2 charger I ran it up to Burley Idaho, a 100 mile drive, and had VERIZON PREMIUM RETAIL BURLEY 'Give' me the SIM, it COST $10.60, 4 hours drive time, $24 gas but my MiFi7730L is working. The seller was not aware of the Q2 Quick Charger requirement, they refunded some money.

Nice Hotspot the MiFi7730L; WiFi ac with 5.8Ghz and 2.4Ghz, firewall, DMZ much better than the 10 year old Jetpack I've been using..

FYI: " having a working Jetpack is essential for you: no, haing access to the internet is.

0 Likes