Unlimited Data plan being slowed to unbearable speeds?
notabot389
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this has been talked about before. I didn't know that there was a thing about getting queued behind other customers after so and so data is used. I didn't see it mentioned on the plan I purchased, which is the $80 prepaid plan, but after it slowed down I did a search on it. Finally found this:

"Most of the time customers will enjoy the same great network experience once they exceed 22GB during a billing cycle. If you've already used 22GB on a particular line during your current billing cycle and you're on a cell site that is congested at that moment, your download may be temporarily queued behind other Verizon Wireless customers, which may result in slightly slower download speeds."

I don't mind taking a hit for the greater good and all, but most of the day, every day, I'm getting only a little more than, or sometimes even less than the same speeds as the 128Kb/s always on data I used to get after burning through my high speed data with verizon. It only speeds back up around the time I should be sleeping. Before I purchased the $80 plan, I bought some data and tested out my new 4g lte phone, and was getting something like 200 KB/s to 400 KB/s most of the time during the same times.

My question is - Is there some kind of technical issue with my service right now, or is this severe of a slowdown considered normal for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data plan being slowed to unbearable speeds?
notabot389
Enthusiast - Level 1

Accidentally capped some b's there. Those were all supposed to be kilobits, not kilobytes.

And I just spent a half hour at 7 kilobits per second. And I mean, it's like I said, I don't mind being slowed down some during busy times but, this is just crazy.I don't understand why I'm paying so much for Unlimited high speed data, when it's not unlimited at all, or why Verizon advertised it as such.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you have the fastest speeds is definitely important, so I completely understand your concern notabot389.  We want to make sure you're on a plan that best suits your needs.

Just to be clear, do you have a Prepaid or Postpaid account? Are you experiencing the slower speeds even before you've reached 22GB?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

notabot389,

We can relate to how important it is to be speeding when online. On our Unlimited option, once having used 22 GBs, it is normal for speeds to slow down. Here is a link to our FAQ's on the Unlimited Option: http://spr.ly/65888Wi7p

KatiM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Csmda
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the last month my data speeds have been absolute [removed]  We have 5 phones in our plan and pay a lot of money for our service. Definitely not getting what we're paying for. I can't even load my web browser unless I am on wifi and we are not over our limit. It's absolutely ridiculous. Been a customer for years but no longer feel like the extra cost is worth their service since I can't do anything with my phone but make calls if I'm not home.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
JOSHMORA

i just switched to Verizon from ATT. I believe I made the biggest mistake! I have the same issue! Verizon sells the “stream all you want” slogan but I can’t even check my email. I can’t send a photo using iMessage either. The internet is so slow that some webpages time out. I have 3 bars too. This is crazy! I am extremely disappointed! I had the impression that Verizon was the “best most reliable” network, but it’s a joke! I am very very unhappy!  I have only had them for 2 weeks. I should have read and done my homework first! Stupid me! Just to point out, in the middle of the night, the speed goes up to 1.0 mbps

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my service to keep me connected at all times and definitely want you to have reliable service as well, Csmda. We appreciate your loyalty and want to get to the bottom of this. What's the zip code where you're located? When did this start? Does this happen indoors and outdoors?

DanielleR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSHMORA,

We're very glad to have you in the Verizon family. I'm sorry to hear the experience hasn't been what you expected though. You deserve great service and we want to make sure you get it. What is your zip code? Are other users having the same trouble in this area?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes