Unacceptable Deprioritization of prepaid plan customers
tonix

I recently moved from NC to Midtown Manhattan. I have the $50 7GB plan and since I live in West Midtown I have NEVER reached speeds higher than 0.3 Mbps even though I have 60% left of data in the cycle. Loading websites takes ages, same for loading transit directions in Google Maps or  opening emails...

Thinking that my phone might be the issue, I put a friend's SIM card in my phone who is under a Verizon family plan (contract) to test his speed on the same app and he hits between 3 and 5 Mbps. I cannot think of a single other cause than customer prioritization.

How Verizon justifies a 10-20x higher speed to their contract customers and leave the prepaid ones with the crumbs? This is deplorable and I cannot accept such a restriction on my bandwidth.

Please advise

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unacceptable Deprioritization of prepaid plan customers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our goal to offer the best possible data speeds to all our customers at all times, tonix. You've taken some great troubleshooting steps and eliminated the phone as the issue. We definitely want you to also have the experience of LTE speeds. We are unable to access the details of your account or your plan here in this forum, though. Please reach out to our Prepaid team directly at 888-294-6804 for more information about your expected speeds, and further troubleshooting. Be sure to let them know the steps you've taken already.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

They pay more.....

0 Likes
tonix

We are the 10th of September today and I encounter the very same issue. Loading simple transit directions on Maps takes 20 or 30 seconds, I cannot open any page in less than 15secs etc. Chatted with a nice representative this afternoon and after having reset network settings etc. same issue nothing works.

Please advise or send me direct landline number of the technical center team

0 Likes
Abbymo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Experiencing the exact same thing.  I just switched from post paid to pre paid and noticed an immediate difference!  I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS,m.  Especially because when I googled the issue I am clearly not the only one and I was never warned about this ahead of time.  I’ve been a Verizon customer for over a decade.  This is rediculous and criminal.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Abbymo wrote:

Experiencing the exact same thing.  I just switched from post paid to pre paid and noticed an immediate difference!  I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS,m.  Especially because when I googled the issue I am clearly not the only one and I was never warned about this ahead of time.  I’ve been a Verizon customer for over a decade.  This is rediculous and criminal.

You are responding to a nearly 2 year old thread. it's not criminal. You get deperioritized during times of congestion so obviously your area has a lot of congestion. You expect Verion to wave a magic wand and make congestion disappear?

0 Likes