Trouble getting account # (switching providers)
LunarKT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've seen threads like this in the past but a lot of them are from years ago (or not informative enough) so I wanted to ask myself.

I am switching from Verizon to another provider (sorry Verizon, but you can't convince me to stay). It is a prepaid account and I have already tried to call the Prepay CS at the number provided.

Well, I've tried to multiple times and have not gotten an option to speak to a live person. I've tried 4-6-4 (didn't work; couldn't even get past 6), I've tried hitting 7 (other options) and say things like "account question" or "account number" but that didn't help. So now, I am confused at what I'm supposed to do since I can't get a hold of a live person to get my account number.

I've seen multiple answers on what the ID could be, such as my phone number, the phone number plus 00001, and going to my account on Verizon and looking up "accountNumber" in the source code (which is not my phone number). I really don't want to get a new number and I'd like this switch to be as quick and stress-free as possible.

If somebody can help me, that'd be great.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trouble getting account # (switching providers)
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
LunarKT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, that helped get me through to them. Though it does make me wonder why my account number is completely different than what it sounded like it would be (in 12 digits too, instead of 10).

Well, hopefully it'll work. Thanks again.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

0 Likes