Switch to pre-paid when plan expires
bribrem

My 2 year plan expires at the end of this billing cycle.  After a great deal of research I have decided I would like to switch to a prepaid plan while keeping my old phone and old number.  My question is in regards to the feasibility of this.  I spent a good amount of time roaming around the site and have come up quite disappointed as there seems to be no easy in-browser applications to handle this.  While browsing plans on multiple other carriers I found many offered to set up a launch date so that my number and service would transfer to them the day following my current plan's expiration.  Yet desiring to remain with Verizon I can't do the same thing. Shouldn't it be even easier for it to be done when I'm keeping the carrier?!

Does anyone know of a way to switch to a prepaid service upon my current plans expiration without having to go through a few days downtime nor spend countless tedious hours on the phone or in store with customer service reps; no offence but I have had terrible experience with customer service via phone and in store?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switch to pre-paid when plan expires
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@bribrem,

Great question! I definitely understand you wanting to go with the best plan for you needs.

You can absolutely port your number over to our prepaid account. In regards to being able to activate your current phone on a prepaid account, it would depend on the phone you have. You can get all your questions answered by our prepaid customer service at 888-294-6804. They will be more than happy to help.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Switch to pre-paid when plan expires
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@bribrem,

Great question! I definitely understand you wanting to go with the best plan for you needs.

You can absolutely port your number over to our prepaid account. In regards to being able to activate your current phone on a prepaid account, it would depend on the phone you have. You can get all your questions answered by our prepaid customer service at 888-294-6804. They will be more than happy to help.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes