Re: Slow LTE Data on prepaid
Jasonp27

I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon prepaid and I regret it. I went from 40mbs to 1-3mbs with 4 bars!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jasonp27, we expect our customers to have nothing but stellar service with our cellular network. We're happy that you joined the Verizon Wireless family, but, we want to make sure that we can speed things up for you. Are you having these speeds while indoors and outdoors? May I have your nearest intersection and City so I can accurately pinpoint your location?

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Strafer69

I came over from Xfinity mobile because of the slow speeds especially when I travel to Orlando. I thought it was going to be better since I went from a MVNO using unlimited to Verizon prepaid 8GB plan. It seems there is no longer a hiarchy from Postpaid/Prepaid/MVNO. Last time I went to Orlando the service was unusable. I thought the service wasn't de-prioritized until you hit your data cap but apparently I was wrong. Guess it's time to leave and give at&t prepaid a shot since I hear they don't de-prioritize so aggressively. 

0 Likes
LAROSW50

Just got signed up with Verizon Prepaid. Horrible speed. I"m getting 1.5-2.5 speeds. Was getting 65 with Tmobile.

I'm sending the Sim cards back, but they won't give me a refund. So I'm out $88 just for trying Verizon for one day. Talk about getting messed up. So much for the 14 day "rest easy" guarantee that was on my Verizon paperwork.

0 Likes
kahuna_nomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

After at least 12 calls to the useless Customer Service reps who can only apologize and not solve my problem, I am just about done with Verizon!  Thinking back that I will never get at least 15 hours of my life back, I gave up on contacting them.  Coming on this Forum is my last ditch effort to get some ansnwers and solution.  Otherwise I am dumping Verizon! 

0 Likes
kahuna_nomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have bought an unlimited AT&T data plan with OTR Mobile for straight $60 a month as a back up to the inept Verizon service for my cellular router.  Thank God I bought it because Verizon would had me fired from my job, as I would never be able to connect to do conference calls! 

0 Likes
gaarith

nothing but stellar service  .....

ya right. dropped calls, no or very limited data, all because we prepaid. what a stab in the back.

does anyone at management even read these? nothing is done with it for years of complaints.

0 Likes
Salsali

Same issue for me, SLOW LTE data speed. I recently switched to Verizon prepaid from T-mobile and experiencing extremely slow to no data service. I ride on commuter train from NYC to Westchester county and used to get better service with T-mobile. I compared my issue with customers sitting next to me with post-paid data service and it's unbelieveable that they are getting over 50mb while I barely get .12 mb speed on the same iPhoneX (I'm comparing Apple to Apple iPhoneX). I barely used 1GIG on my 16GIG data plan, Verizon please fix this. Considering so many complaints in this forum this could easily end up in class action lawsuit.

0 Likes
Salsali

My data speed on Verizon prePaid:3AB8EE5B-B6F3-48B6-9461-745ED3754F1D.jpeg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how essential it is to have high speeds with your services, Salsali. If you haven't yet, a few troubleshooting steps you can take are as follows:

- Restarting your device

- Resetting network settings

- Powering off device, removing SIM Card, reinsert SIM Card, and powering device back on

If this doesn't help, please reach back out to us so we may further assist you.

OmarC_VZW

0 Likes