Re: Slow LTE Data on prepaid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jw110, You're very important to us and we'd never want to see you go. How can we turn this around. Reaching out to prepaid customer service will be a great way to get your issues addressed. However, we're still here for you. We're not seeing reported issues in that area. Is this happening indoors, outdoors, or both?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mjbphone
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're a little late to the troubleshooting party. Forgive me but I've

already heard every excuse that you guys have thrown around. I am a CCNA

which is a Cisco certified Network associate. Granted Cellular

Communications use a completely different protocol, but I am very familiar

with troubleshooting steps, Network congestion, protocols and encapsulation

Etc.

I conducted two months of extensive troubleshooting. The only common

denominator is Verizon prepaid specifically. My reason for the post was to

Simply advise others so they can make their own decisions on how they would

like to proceed.

Personally, I have already left Verizon it will not be returning until that

business decision has been changed. Is not my intention to be completely

negative because prior to this I had nothing but good things to say about

Verizon for over 10 years. However, the current policies for prioritizing

Network traffic it's something that neither one of us is going to have an

influence over. Those decisions are too far up the ladder.

On Sep 26, 2017 4:55 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
laviedejk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. As a Verizon prepaid user in a campus town in Georgia, I raised this issue on this community a couple of months ago, and nothing has been addressed.

I also have two different LTE speed test apps, and the data download speeds are less than 1 Mbps on average. I had been a long time AT&T prepaid user, and two reason why I switched to Verizon prepaid are that Verizon prepaid provides HD voice, and that Verizon has wider coverage in the nation, whereas AT&T HD voice service is only available for post paid users. In terms of data usage at least, Verizon prepaid is far worse than AT&T prepaid.

I went to the corporate store to change the sim card. I also talked with the technitian at customer service, but all they can help was guiding me to reset a phone, and that did not help that much.

On AT&T prepaid website, they clearly say that prepaid provides "LTE" wheareas on Verizon prepaid website, they only say "Highspeed", not LTE, no, never. I don't think Verizon prepaid is deprioritizing prepaid customer "when users are heavy." I think Verizon prepaid is deprioritizing prepaid customer "all the time" because they literally does not provide LTE speed to prepaid.

My wife is still using AT&T prepaid, enjoying much much faster, and larger data. I still like Verizon's HD voice, so our couple may keep this combination for a while.

lostshakerofsalt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem here in Humboldt, TN. This is a town of maybe 8000-9000 people. There is no way the network is congested at 1430...pr paid customers pay for the data up front and should have the priority. You just hope that the postpaid customers that are getting the premium data actually pay there bills...come on Verizon what gives?

IMG_1133.PNG

nuprotocol
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have the exact same problem. I receive less than 1MB down and 0MB up. This is during the mornings, afternoons and evenings. Pretty much everytime you really need to use your phone. I understand that prepaid will be prioritized. but for it to be less than 1MB is ridiculous. I feel like its a bait and switch in order to force prepaid to post paid. At this point, I'm thinking of switching to ATT Prepaid. These issues started in July when switching to the "new VZW prepaid" plans. At minimum the VZW Prepaid plans should be throttled to 10MB during busy times, not less than 1MB.

0 Likes
lostshakerofsalt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched to att prepaid and love it. 40 dollars

A month with 6gb of day. It’s 45 dollars but you

You get 5 off for auto pay.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
nuprotocol
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have LTE while on a call?

0 Likes
lostshakerofsalt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don’t think so. But I do still have data

While in a call. I think it goes to 4g instead of lte.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The GSM network used by AT&T has always allowed voice and data simultaneously because of the nature of the network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nuprotocol, help is here to get you pointed in the right direction as you deserve answers and resolution. To properly troubleshoot, we will need to gain access to your account but this can only be done by contacting our Prepaid Department. Please see the contact us page listed below so that we can assist. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/ or dial 888-294-6804.

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes