Prepaid service down > can't pay my bill due today!
g2g2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please help.

Per Dave, a rep at my local Verizon store, the wireless pre-paid system is down. He can't even assist me to pay my bill, which is due today. I have attempted to pay via my MBP (typical method), my iPhone,  via 611's automated approximately 20 times total. 

Don't have a clue why, in the original attempts, paid window would never fill in. 'Pop-up' was visible, but blank. Then with more attempts i made via the various methods, an error message stating that "You have exceeded your max allowed credit card updates" in a print pop-up on MBP and iPhone, as well as per an automated audio on 611 calls.

Have been trying to get a hold of ANY live person on/off for almost 2 hrs today without success.

Am particularly concerned as i have a plan that no longer exists.

Any fixes, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Prepaid service down > can't pay my bill due today!
g2g2
Enthusiast - Level 2

*correction:--attempted to pay via MBP, iPhone AND via the 611 automated audio system, in addition to asking Dave at a local Verizon store to do so.

0 Likes
g2g2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also attempted supposed "Live Chat" on iPhone. However, it was automated and didn't solve issue.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

A) why wait until the last minute to pay? Pretty sure you can set up advanced payment

B) it's call auto-pay

0 Likes
g2g2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for replying, boringusername.

Not a $ or methods issue, but appreciate your suggestions.

Was hoping a moderator might have a work around until Verizon's issues are resolved, since store reps couldn't even access the system or accept payments for any customers.

0 Likes
g2g2
Enthusiast - Level 2

boringusername:--

1) Have attempted online on MBP to auto pay multiple times & received the same error--"exceeded max credit card updates". What? Same cc on this acct. Tried to edit as others suggested with that error msg to include the extended zip code. Still received the same message.

2) Same error no matter which way i try to pay on my iPhone #PMT or on website or by calling *611.

3) Verizon store rep suggested i keep trying to pay earlier today. Suspect the bazillion times i've tried may have triggered this error msg. Who knows?

4) Many of the ~10 phone contacts have a "high call volume voice" different from the typical automated voice. Perhaps some may be due to the Prepaid side being down. Haven't a clue to the goegraphical extent where it's down.

So hope a Verizon staff moderator will assist. 

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@g2g2 wrote:

Thank you for replying, boringusername.

Not a $ or methods issue, but appreciate your suggestions.

Was hoping a moderator might have a work around until Verizon's issues are resolved, since store reps couldn't even access the system or accept payments for any customers.

This is customer to customer board not really customer servcie. Sometimes reps will chime in but not typically on week-ends

0 Likes