Prepaid plans grossly overcharged on iPad
dab123

I have had concerns about how fast my plans seem to run out of data, even though I have the iPad for supplementary use, do all my web work on my Mac, never update or download anything on cellular and have settings for any downloads or upgrades disabled for cellular.

For a long time, 1 GB would get me through a month, then I need 2 GB for a month and now they told me I went through that amount in TWO WEEKS!

The only problem is that the iPad cellular statistics show that I had only consumed 452 MB in this period.

And when I first called Customer Service and pointed out others are complaining, the response was 'It's about 3 customers and we have millions." Then I was put on 45 minute hold while the rep was "checking my data use." The line then got cut off.

Now waiting again for a supervisor.

This is a scam.  Or something is seriously wrong.

I  hope a  rep  is not going to "lock the discussion" by telling me to call customer service.  People  who have problems should post.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prepaid plans grossly overcharged on iPad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to make sure you are provided with the best service and accurate data usage. With regard to your account being a prepaid account you would have to contact our prepaid department for additional review. Here is the number to call for additional support 888-294-6804.

JasperM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dab123

To other customers: If you have the same complaint, PLEASE report it online. The strategy seems to be to refer you to customer service, which simply blames the device, tells  you there is nothing unusual about your data consumption (when that is why you are calling!), and refuses to enter a trouble shooting ticket, which allows Verizon to deny that people are complaining about this. Which they are.

For more detail, continue reading:

The second supervisor hung up on me when he started blaming Apple and I asked him to be specific. He said he was working for 12 years on these accounts, but that "Apple sends things to the device that are not clocked by the data." So I said, if you know that's the case, you should now what kinds of things are sent and you can be specific. All  downloads can only happen when on wifi and I have even the App  store disabled on cellular and cannot even open the App. When he started to change the subject again and I interrupted him  to say, "No, if you are blaming Apple and claim to know this stuff, you should be able to pinpoint what else it is sending to the device," he just hung up.   Apple of course confirms that there is no such thing.

I then spent 2 hours at the local Verizon corporate store and the very helpful staff there went through two supervisors, both of whom hung up on us, when we asked to have a troubleshooting ticket issued.  That is why they refer you to the phone number. Because then you get told how it is all the fault of the device. They  then tell you there is nothing they can do, take ages to respond (you get put on hold for a long, long time), you spend ages on hold, and they count on you giving up.

I pointed out that the device correctly measured my consumption and that even with Verizon's data calculator, based on  the usage everyday, I should be consuming 1.5 GB  per MONTH, whereas they  are charging me for 2 GB for TWO WEEKS!

Please take the time to report this ONLINE if you are experiencing similar problems.

The strategy seems to be to stonewall complaints on the phone and refuse to enter a troubleshooting ticket  (which is the SOP)--so that Verizon does not have to admit people are complaining about this; there is no  record.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deb123,

I'm so sorry for any and all issues with your device, and you should never be hung up on, or treated in the way you describe. Since posting, has a ticket been made? Have you gotten any answers about your device and the data usage? Please let me know, I'll do all I can to assist you and show you that we do care, and that our customers are the most important thing to us.

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes