Pixel Hotspot not providing internet access.
TFwhatic

Hello,

Im fairly certain this will be an easy/obvious answer but cannot find it. I am currently on the unlimited prepaid plan. I have read that if the option is not available in My Verizon to add as a feature you either already have it or are not eligible with your current plan. How can I find out either? I don't have any other phones or computers to test the connection aside from my Xbox One. The Xbox says it is connected to the network but there is no internet connection. I also remember phones being able to show which devices are connected to yours even since Bluetooth first came out so im not sure how to tell if the Phone itself even recognizes the tethering connection and that's why the Xbox isn't getting internet access. Thank you for any time and support provided to this thread.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pixel Hotspot not providing internet access.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The prepaid unlimited plan does not have the mobile hotspot feature included in the plan. You have to change to a tiered prepaid monthly plan or switch to a postpaid account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The prepaid unlimited plan does not have the mobile hotspot feature included in the plan. You have to change to a tiered prepaid monthly plan or switch to a postpaid account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, TFwhatic. I’d love to see you connecting extra devices to our network and appreciate you giving all those steps to get connected a try. But Ann154 is right, the Mobile Hotspot isn’t available on the Unlimited prepaid plan (#2 under Prepaid Monthly Plans at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/prepaid-plans-and-service-faqs ). If you need help getting your plan changed, the prepaid experts at 888-294-6804 can help out. Or, if you’d like to explore options for switching to our postpaid services, our Sales Professionals at 888-924-7937 would be ecstatic to help out.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes