Mobile Hotspot Problems
Terra127
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently purchased a new sim card and Verizon service, with the intention of using my hotspot for work. The plan is said to include it, but when I try to turn it on, it tells me I need to subscribe to it. I've tried rebooting the phone, resetting network settings, and it still says I do not have the feature.  What should I do?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot Problems
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Terra127 wrote:

I recently purchased a new sim card and Verizon service, with the intention of using my hotspot for work. The plan is said to include it, but when I try to turn it on, it tells me I need to subscribe to it. I've tried rebooting the phone, resetting network settings, and it still says I do not have the feature.  What should I do?

Well firstly you posted this is prepaid mobile hotpsot. I suspect you do not have a mobile hotpsot plan but a phone plan. And if you got prepaid unlimited data then no it does not include hopsot.

0 Likes
Terra127
Enthusiast - Level 1

My plan details state that it includes mobile hotspot, and no it is not the unlimited data plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern to get this fixed, Terra127. Have you contacted us to check your account? This may need to be activated to the account before you can use it. What model phone do you have? Are calls, text messages, and data working correctly? 

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
Terra127
Enthusiast - Level 1

My data, texting and calling work properly. I am using a Moto e4. When I contacted customer service, they had me do a variety of things that did not work. Everything else suggested requires I have another phone number to stay on the line while doing things to my phone, and I do not have another number.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

To setup your smartphone as a Wi-Fi hotspot:

1. Turn off Wi-Fi power by touching Apps Image > Settings > Under Wireless & networks turn Wi-Fi Off.
  2. From the home screen, touch Apps Image  > Settings More > Tethering & portable hotspot > Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot to turn on the hotspot.
  3. Touch Set up Wi-Fi hotspot to change hotspot security and configuration settings:
    • Network SSID - Enter a unique name for your hotspot
    • Security - Select the type of security you want, and touch Save: WEP, WPA, or WPA2
    • Password - Enter a unique password. Other users can access your Wi-Fi hotspot only if they enter the correct password.

Note: Keep it secure. To protect your phone and hotspot from unauthorized access, it is strongly recommended that you set up hotspot Security (WPA2 is the most secure), including password.

4. Touch Save when the settings are complete. When your Wi-Fi hotspot is active, other Wi-Fi enabled devices can connect by entering your hotspot’s SSID, selecting a Security type, and entering the correct Wireless password.

https://support.motorola.com/in/en/documents/MS119755/

0 Likes
jaschar

would like to get some answers.  I have had 3 replacement phones (GS9+), Sim cards and still no mobile hotspot. countless of time with tech but nothing is solved.  Keep getting the run around.  Says its not phone, its my signal.  Well it worked before I had to get the replacements. the orginial phone had the mobile hotspot, which lasted 1 year before having problems ( a different one).

0 Likes