Lost prepaid autopay phone in october .........
scoats42
Enthusiast - Level 1

september I paid the $50.00 amonth unlimited on my prepaid phone..........in october I lost the phone and called the customer service number......I told the rep that I had lost the phone and did not want to continue with autopay until I found it.......she said to not pay the october or november bill and the autopay would automatically be cancelled........so that is what i did.......made sure there was no money on the prepaid debit card for the october and november payment......thought everything was fine until this morning when I put some money on the debit card for car insurance and then noticed later that verizon took $55.41 for the december service, in which it was for service on a phone that was lost in october.......I called the 888 number and told them what was going on and they said there was no record of the conversation in october but they did notice that the october and november payment did not go through but the december payment went through.......I told I had just put money on the card to pay something else and why did the autopay not stop since there was no payment made for two months. was informed that autopay will keeping trying every month until someone stops it........i told them what the lady told me back in october when i reported the phone lost and then was told sorry but that is not true and that I needed to buy another phone and have it transfferred to it......I then contacted the local office and they gave me a 877 number called them and got the same thing.......so now I have contacted the local news station to see if I can get any help there. I know that $55.41 is not much to such a big company but it is a lot to me because I am a single mom of two boys of which one is in college and I work fulltime while attending college full time..........every penny has a place around here........I have always bragged to everyone about verizon but not any more.......Therefore,,,,money has to be taken from my boys christmas (which was only $100.00 to begin with)  to finish the car insurance because someone at verizon did not do their job in the first place..........

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Lost prepaid autopay phone in october .........
scoats42
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you....Verizon has corrected the problem after I found the right number and person to contact. The Customer Care Department was awesome at resolving this issue. Thank you so much Customer Care Department. Have a very merry Christmas.

0 Likes
Re: Lost prepaid autopay phone in october .........
Vannamdorsey

What number was it to contact?

0 Likes
Re: Lost prepaid autopay phone in october .........
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Vannamdorsey wrote:

What number was it to contact?

The prepaid customer service number is 1.888.294.6804 to get assistance. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes