I want to keep my phone # and get onto someone else's (non-prepaid) plan.
breyanna

I'm trying to "release the liability" to my phone/phone number and get on my family's verizon plan.

Who can I call or what can I do? It seems so complicated, since I have a prepaid phone.

(I will be switching to a NEW phone)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I want to keep my phone # and get onto someone else's (non-prepaid) plan.
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Assumption of Liability section.

0 Likes
breyanna

Yes, I tried to call the phone number in that section but it is only an automated service and does not offer the info I need. I need to speak to a representative

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I don't think prepaid plans are transferrable.  You sound like you want someone to buy out your contract or take it over, and then you keep your number and go to a prepaid plan.  Problem is, is that once you do that, the person taking over your contract might get your number and still, to drop the contract you have to cut the service, and then you lose your number anyway.  There might be some finagling involved if it is even possible.  You'd need to call customer support to even begin that, or maybe try a corporate store.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like in the end, you either transfer the contract or you cut loose and pay the ETF then start a new line with the family.

0 Likes
breyanna

No, I HAVE a prepaid phone, want to ditch in entirely, and join a family plan.

I would go for a help at a store, trouble is they won't talk to me cause my phone is prepaid!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, just dont pay the prepaid, or don't re-up.  If you want a new number, then this is the way to do it.  If you want to keep your number, then you'd need to make a call or go to a store.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Can't you go in with whoevers family plan you are trying to join? Then the store could take care of everything that day. Sorry if I missed any info saying that this wasn't possible.

Snn5
Legend

Simple and concise.

0 Likes