Re: I want to block ALL data services on my LG Revere prepaid phone...is it possible?
DogwoodSprings
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm back!  It's been quite a while since I've posted any information on this situation.  I have had my phone on and off and with the exception of when I got some text messages from friends I have NOT gotten any charges for data sessions.  I've told my friends not to text me unless it's really important!  I believe this issue is resolved and I still have the new phone!  YIPPEE! 

0 Likes
Re: I want to block ALL data services on my LG Revere prepaid phone...is it possible?
shocking
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure if you are still following Dogwood Springs, just curious to know how your data sessions were behaving, it sounds like you may have fixed the issue by leaving your phone powered on. Have you had any more data sessions?

0 Likes
lizajane32
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am going through the same thing with my phones.  Two of them!  Former Alltel prepaid customer. I have data charges that have been going on for who knows how long.  I don't use data/internet. I do of course get charged for texts.   I was told the Alltel plan for some reason makes it unable to apply a Verizon Data block.  I had requested a block many months ago for both phones and had just assumed it was done.  Now I find my credit card is cha ching cha ching over and over with lots of data charges on two phones!  I was also told no refund unless I go to a Verizon plan.  Made me soooooooo mad.  Stealing from me.  I thought about Blockbuster Video and how hard line they were about late charges one min after return time. Angry people leave when an opportunity presents itself.

0 Likes
lizajane32
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions on how to turn things off on the LG Revere.  There is not even a lock keyboard place on this phone.  I figured I could put it on airplane mode but that would not allow the receipt of calls.  I wish I could stop all the data from adding up on my Samsung.

0 Likes