How to activate my walmart phone?
dthomas17

I just bought a Verizon prepaid phone from Walmart, and I can't get it to activate. Customer service did not help at all, and they didn't know what was wrong. An error keeps happening when I try to register the sim, it says "Sim not recognized or registered." The phone wont activate either online, by phone, or call code. I have called customer service 5 times, and the keep hanging up on me and can't fix the problem. Does anyone know of anything that would help?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to activate my walmart phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dthomas17, We definitely want to ensure you are able to activate your phone, successfully. I'm truly sorry to learn that you have not been ale to resolve this when communicating with our Prepay Customer Service team. This error means that the SIM card that you are currently using is not being recognized by the phone. What kind of phone are you attempting to activate? Have you tried using another SIM card? You can obtain a new SIM/Activation kit at any of our VZW Stores: www.vzw.com/stores?

TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dthomas17

I don't have another sim card. The phone is a LG K8V prepaid. The sim card was already in the phone when I opened it.

0 Likes
dthomas17

Solved!!!

0 Likes
hoylekiger

Sons-of-guns give you the biggest run around since a track meet.   No one seems to know; not Walmart, not the Verizon retail store and not the help team through My Verizon.    Walmart sales people are making representations without the requisite knowledge and/or training.    It's all about greed.   You'll wind up buying an overpriced phone from Verizon.

0 Likes