How much would I pay for a basic phone on prepaid for full year?
JaySmith27349

I have  a basic flip phone bought several years ago. I had been paying annually for a full year before I needed to pay again. In August 2015 I paid $100 and got a FULL YEAR. However, in August 2016, I could not reach a human to find out how much to pay (and I cannot now either -- the prepaid customer service phone number does not seem to allow asking any questions of a HUMAN). So in August 2016 I paid $50, but that only got me about THREE MONTHS.  That does not make any sense. I am logged into the website, but no where does it tell me how many days/months I get for adding money -- they don't tell me the price.

I am NOT asking about the cost of USE of days & minutes.  I know that.  (And I have nearly $400 of rollover that I will never use up.)

I AM asking what the MINIMUM I can pay to get a full year of use before I have to make another payment.

This has been an unbelievably frustrating experience. I have never heard of a company that will not tell you the price and will not allow you to ask a human to find out the price.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Basic phone, Prepaid w/old plan: How much to pay for full year?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Refill Expiration (once applied to the account)
  • $15-$29.99 expires in 30 days
  • $75-$99.99 expires in 180 days
  • $30-$74.99 expires in 90 days
  • $100 or more expires in ONE YEAR!

I found this after a quick google search for "Verizon Prepaid plans pay for a year"

https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?&item=prepayItem&action=viewPrepayOverview

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Refill Expiration (once applied to the account)
  • $15-$29.99 expires in 30 days
  • $75-$99.99 expires in 180 days
  • $30-$74.99 expires in 90 days
  • $100 or more expires in ONE YEAR!

I found this after a quick google search for "Verizon Prepaid plans pay for a year"

https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?&item=prepayItem&action=viewPrepayOverview

JaySmith27349

Thanks.

Before I asked, I had been unable to find that using Google -- and I also did not know how to identify what plan I had -- I was assuming that there could be different plans with different amounts of money vs lengths of time.

In frustration I eventually used the website chat feature a second time to ask how to get to a human and this time, the agent WAS able to answer the question (same answer you supplied) about prepaid plans... the previous time an agent said they did not have any info about prepaid stuff and I had to call the prepaid 800 number (but that does not seem to allow talking to a human).

All is good now.  Thanks for your willingness to help.  I very much appreciate it.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm glad you got it all sorted out!

0 Likes