How can I track data usage?
deb27
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a prepaid plan. I would really like to know how much data I'm actually using each month so that I can determine whether I'm paying for the right amount of data.

After numerous calls (and chats) with support personnel I think I've determined that it's almost impossible to get this information. I'm wondering if anyone in the community has found a way to do it?

On the My Verizon page for my account, there is an option called "Usage Details".  It does list data usage. However it's not in a format which is useful. By default it only shows about the last 2 days worth of data usage and it lists it one tiny bit at a time. There's no total.  I did learn that if you press the END key on the keyboard when displaying the usage data and wait 20 seconds, the list of data usage will expand to be about 3 months long. BUT...again, it's not useful as there are no totals.

You can select all the values and paste them into a spreadsheet but unless you are a better Excel wizard than I, there's no good way of totalling the data.

So has anyone found a good way of keeping track of how much data they actually use per month on a prepaid plan?

Labels (1)
Re: How can I track data usage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deb27, being in the know for your data usage is a must for your prepaid plan. Help is here. Via the My Verizon account for our prepaid customers, you have access to your usage summary and details in the current plan cycle. Historical usage dates back only 45 days. If you have a smartphone and want to get more detailed usage directly from your phone. What is your device's make/model? 

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
deb27
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Moto Z2 Play

I did download the My Verizon app. When I look at the data usage it says I

have 100% of 6GB remaining with 30 days left in the cycle.

That's not useful. For one thing, I know I've used data in the last 45

days. Maybe it doesn't know because I just installed the app?

And it still doesn't address my original question. I want to know how much

data I've used in each billing cycle. I really don't see a way to get that

unless I open the app every single day and write down the number each day

and keep a running tally in some spreadsheet somewhere.

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 2:24 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deb27, making sure you are aware of how much data you are utilizing during your bill cycle is a priority. Allow us the opportunity to further go over the details. After downloading the My Verizon app, the app will seamlessly generate with all of your current usage. To view your current data usage from the app please follow the following steps;

1. Launch the My Verizon app
  2. Click on the menu icon (3 lines top left corner)
  3. Data Hub
  4. Click on your line
  5. From this screen click on Details

On the details screen you will be able to see how much data you have actually used in your current bill cycle. To view your data usage break down for your current cycle, just simply tap on “Data” from the current screen. I hope this information is beneficial. Please keep us updated on the progress.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sync the on board data counter to your billing cycle and you will be able to compare the phone's data usage with the My Verizon log. Manage Data Usage - moto z2 play | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes